Prologue/Mini-Teaser: The Boat Trip

This What-If Begins Out At An Open Sea Where A Ship, Carrying A Group Of Friends Along With Some Allies, Departs On A Journey To A Place Called Anime Island. A Mission To Rescue A Orange Inkling Friend Of Theirs From Someone Whom They Believe To Be Their Enemy, But Whom Might Also Turn Out To Be A Victim Either Way. Among Those New Allies Is A Pink-Haired Octoling Who Looks Out On The Ocean Horizon With Her Arms Crossed, Ponders In Thought About Some Things.

Her Name Is Desti And This.. Is Her Story.

Desti Thinks About Everything That Happened That Lead Up To This Point Ever Since She First Met That Orange Inkling By The Name Of Meggy Who Was Training With Her Friend Mario. How These Two Girls Became Rivals After That And How She Even Begin To Hate Meggy's Friends Later On, Until The Incident Occurred With The Disappearances Of Not Only Meggy, But Other Inklings With Her. She Decided To Help The Gang Find Their Orange Friend, Despite Some Difficulties From Earlier.

While She's In Thought As They Sail Out, A Pink Haired Woman Named Saiko Walks Up To Desti. She Wanted To Apologize For What Happened Before They And Their Friends All Got Into A Fight At Meggy's Apartment When Four Of Them Figured That Their New Friend Axol Was The One Who Kidnapped Meggy And The Other Missing Inklings.

"Hey.. Desti?" Saiko Said.

"Hmm? What Is It?" Desti Asked, Still Holding A Tiny Grudge On Saiko From Earlier.

"I.. Just Wanted To Say I'm...Sorry... Sorry For Not Believing You Before About Axol. It's Just Very Hard For Me To Accept After Everything He Did For Us, Especially Me." Saiko Told Desti, Apologizing For Earlier.

"It's Okay.. Really, I Mean That. I Know That In The Past I've Called You All Losers... Nerds.. Cowards And Idiots.. But We're All On The Same Team Now. And Believe It Or Not, I Actually Do Care For My Teammates No Matter What. So.. I'm Sorry Myself." Desti Said, Accepting Saiko's Apology And Also Apologizing Herself For How She Acted To The Gang Before.

"I Mean, Honestly We Could've Probably Save Meggy Without You... But Hey, It's Nice To Be On The Same Side Anyway." Saiko Told The Octoling Girl.

"Heh Yeah... Hey Saiko? I Need To Ask. What If We Don't Save Meggy, If We Fail.. To Save Her.. What Will We Do Then?" Desti Said, Before Asking With Concern For The Gang About Their Friend.

"We Have To Desti.. We Must. And If Something Does Happen To Her, I Need You To Promise Us Something.." Saiko Said, Determined To Save Meggy.

"O-Okay?" Desti Replied.

"If We Do Lose Meggy, Please Be There For Us Like She Would. Okay?" Saiko Asked, Telling Desti Their Promise.

"I...S-Sure. I Can Promise That. I Just Hope I Can Keep It, Consider The Person I Am." Desti Said, Accepting The Promise With Only A Little Hesitation.

"And Don't Worry, Most Of Us Are Good People. If Anything Happens With YOU In Turn.. We'll Try To Be There For You And Support You. You Have My Word And Trust." Saiko Told Her, Promising Desti That She Won't Be Alone If Anything Does Happen.

"Hehe, Ok, Ok. Enough Of This Mushy Crap. Let's Go Save My Annoying Rival.." Desti Said, Now Determined To Rescue Meggy And Stop Their Enemy.

"That's The Spirit Girl! Hold On Meggy, We're Coming For You." Saiko Said, Admiring Desti's Confidence To Save Their Friend From Their Enemy's Clutches.

But Will They Save Meggy? Who Is Their Enemy Committing This Crisis? Is It Axol Or Someone Else Pulling The Strings?

-Stay Tuned For The First Chapter To Come-

Notice: The Next Chapter Might Have A Mix Of Both The Ending Parts Of "SMG4: The Inkling Disappearances" And The Whole Story Of "SMG4: Mario and the Experiment" With A Little Twist At The End, So Be Warned.

Also, Sorry If This Prologue Was Too Short To You. I Was Trying Hard To Give Some Kind Of A Small Buildup To The Rest Of This What-If.

~Thumbnail Art: Horizon By RusSniper45 At Deviantart~