Act 1/Chapter 4: There's Something Up With Mario

It's Been One Month Since The Horrible, Terrific And Tragic Events Of The Anime Arc Following The War Of Anime Island, The Shocking Change That Has Affected The Former-Octoling Known As Desti And The Death Of The SMG4 Gang's Dearest Beloved Inkling Friend Meggy Spletzer. The Friends Of The Deceased Inkling Have Not Been Feeling Much The Same Since Their Orange Friend's Passing. Even Desti Has Been Feeling Less Like Her Old Self Since Meggy's Funeral, Though It Is Progressing At A Slow Rate For Now. Ever Since The Anime Island Chaos From The Previous Month, The Former Octoling Now Turned Into A Human Girl Hopes To Fulfill Her Promise To The Fallen Inkling Rival That Became Her Friend, Desti Tries To Train For The Next Splatfest To Win It For Meggy. But At The Same Time, Desti Also Tries To Do Her Other Part Of Her Promise And Look After Meggy's Friends Like The Inkling Gal Wanted Her To.

Of Course, It Wasn't Easy. Especially When Desti Tries To Live And Adapt To Her New Form As A Human. Whenever She Tried To Train For Splatfest, She Been Having Troubles Trying To Do So Despite Her Human Form Giving Her A Hard Time. She Couldn't Do Anything That She Could Do As A Octoling Anymore, Like Turning Into Octopus Form And Going Into Ink Like Octolings And Inklings Do For Example. Even Desti's Octoposse Teammates Begun To Feel Doubt, Disappointment And Disgust In Their Leader. Not Only That, But Everyone In Inkopolis Seems To Have Begun To Dislike Desti's New Human Look And Even Hold A Awful Grudge Against The SMG4 Gang Whom They Assume Desti Was In League Before And Possibly Blamed The SMG4 Gang Along With Her For The Inkopolis Kidnappings And Meggy's Death From The Month Before.

But Mario Was The Biggest To Blame Desti For The Inkling Girl's Death Then Inkopolis. He Cared About Meggy A Lot Then Everyone Else Because She Meant A Lot To Him. Despite All The Training She Gave Him Time And Time Again, Meggy Has Been One Of Mario's Closest Friends Since They Met. After They Met Desti, Mario Already And Always Had A Distaste Towards The Octoling Gal Since Desti Had Wanted The Red Italian To Be On Her Team Rather Then Meggy's Team Back Then. And Even Now, Desti Never Even Got Mario's Name Right Which Made Mario Hate Her More. And With Meggy's Death And Desti's Survival Of Anime Island Leading To Her Human Change, This Made Mario Much Worse And Bitter Towards Desti Then Ever.

Things Haven't Been Well For Desti And She Knew That It Wouldn't Be That Simple. But She Still Kept Holding On To Her Promise That Was Bestowed From Meggy And Saiko Despite Her Troubles. She Has Spent Most Days After Meggy's Funeral Hanging Out With Some Of Meggy's Friends In The SMG4 Gang, Minus Mario And Axol, And Was Really Getting To Know Them A Lot More. Most Of Them Started To Trust And Like Desti More Unlike Mario. However, The Only Person Whom Desti Has Never Got To Talk With Was Axol, Who Seems To Have Drifted Off From The SMG4 Gang After Meggy's Funeral. Desti Figured That The Manga-Making Axolotl Went Back To Making More Anime Stuff, So She Let Him Be With His Distance.

One Day Near Peach's Castle, Desti Was Heading Over To Hang Out When She Notices Two Figures In A Tree Nearby. It Was Tari And Saiko, Who Were In The Middle On Constructing Something. Desti Walk Over To See What Is Going On.

"Hey! Tari? Saiko? Is That You Up There?" Desti Said, Calling Out To The Two Girls Above.

"Huh? Oh, Hey Desti! How Are Things?" Tari Said, Kindly Greeting The Human Gal.

"Eh, Not Too Great. Thought I Swing By To Meet Anyone Here. What Are You Two Doing Anyways?" Desti Said, Not Feeling Too Happy From The Past Few Weeks. She Was However Curious At What The Duo Were Doing.

"Ah, This? Well Tari Was Feeling Down About What Happened On Anime Island... Still. So I Thought About Making A Treehouse For Her To Make Her Feel Better." Saiko Explained, Indicating That Tari Has Still Been Feeling Shattered, Sad And Traumatized About The Events Of The Anime Arc.