Act 1/Chapter 10: Desti's Redemption

"Huh? What Is This? ...M-Meggy? Is That You? Oh God, MEGGY NO-!! *Gasp* Wha...? Agh, The Same Damn Nightmare." Words Spoken By Desti In Her Sleep Before Jolting Awake In Shock As She Suffers A Nightmare That She's Been Having Since The Passing Of Her Former Rival. She Lays Back Down On Her Bed, Unable To Sleep Now.

"It Been A Year, Months Since That Day. I Was An Octoling Girl In My Home City; Inkopolis, Home Of The Inklings And Octolings Nowadays. I Ran A Team Called The Octoposse To Compete In Many Turf Wars As Well As Events Known As Splatfests. One Day, My Team And I Came Across Two People, With One I Once Hated. A Girl Of The Inklings Named Meggy Spletzer And A Human She Was Close With.. Mayro? Mayo? Ah You Get Who I Mean. A Rivalry Had Struck Me And Meggy Since That Day, Fateful If You Could Call It, Yet It Didn't Last Long. Around The Year Before Now, A Incident Occurred On Our Beloved City And Many Of Our People Had Been Taken By A Monster Who Wanted To Use Our Ink For His Own Sick Personal Desires. One Of Those Taken Was Meggy Herself. Her Friends From The Gang Of This SMG4 Came To The Island Where Our People Were Taken As A Mission To Save Their Friend. Funny Enough, I Tagged Along To Save My Rival For Some Weird Reason... But Then Things Ended Badly... Last Year Was A Real Pain. She's Dead Now And I'm Alive.. And Human. But I'm Hoping To Make A Change This Year Winning The Splatfest For My Old Rival, A Chance At Redemption If Possible." Desti Narrated In Her Thoughts, Recapping Everything That's Happened With Her Ever Since She Has Met Meggy And Her Friends, Thinking About The Recent Events That She Got Herself Involved With Them. The Inkopolis Kidnappings, Anime Island, The Ink Succer 2000 Created By That Madman Francis, Her Transformation Into A Human... The Death Of Meggy.

All These Thoughts And Memories Went Through Her Head, But Desti's Not So Easy To Give Up. She Still Had Two Promises To Fulfill, To Be There For Meggy's Friends And To Win The Splatfest For Her Rival. Desti Then Gets Out Of Her Apartment Bed, Takes Her Iconic Weapon 'The Blaster' And Leaves To Go Train A Bit Despite The Current Time Being Night.

 Desti Then Gets Out Of Her Apartment Bed, Takes Her Iconic Weapon 'The Blaster' And Leaves To Go Train A Bit Despite The Current Time Being Night

The Next Day, Desti Is At Port Mackerel With Her Team; The Octoposse Who Are Not Too Thrilled To See Their Leader As They Use To Considering Her New Human Look, Informing Her Team About The Final Splatfest Approaching And That She Needs Them To Do The Best They Can To Win.

"Alright, Ladies!! Today's The Final Day! The Day Before This Year's Splatfest, And I'm Hoping For You Girls To Be At Your Best Like Always Like Before!! I Know Things Will Be Hard Considering Your Leader's Own Circumstances Nowadays, But We Will Beat This Year's Splatfest And Nothing Will Stop Us!!" Desti Shouted To Her Octoposse Teammates Like A Army Lieutenant Or Commander.