Songs Himiko & Kaede & Maki

Of course she would drag us into this. Kaede had a tendency to try her best to make others happy. So when Himiko was sad, Kaede's answer was to play music. Piano music. I still don't know how I got dragged into this.

  Kaede said something about how I would like it too, since I grew up in an orphanage. I'd rather not. If there was any hope, it would be to escape the pianist. But that wasn't possible. I was trapped in her lab.

Okay, yeah, trapped is a strong word. More like, not allowed to leave until I'm happy. Yeah no. She was so energetic it was draining. But I had to admit, Kaede's music was amazing. That girl could play.

She was currently playing "Claire de Lune". The music made me imagine dancing of all things.

"Nyeh! You're amazing Kaede! You really do know how to play." Himiko stated. The smaller girl was sitting closer to Kaede than I was. I didn't care.

"Aaww! Thanks! I try hard to make people happy. I'm so glad you enjoy it!" She said while blushing. Kaede pulled Himiko close and hugged her. She then turned to me.

  I tensed and tried to bolt. She grabbed me and wrapped me into a hug to. Standing there, Kaede wrapped around me, cursed flew through my mind. This was uncomfortable! Finally she let go and I could breathe again.

  "I'm gonna play a Vocaloid song next! The name is 'Tailor of Enbizaka'!" And so she began to play and sing along. I recognized the lyrics from an English cover. Yes, I could speak English. Deal with it.

  Himiko looked sleepy and curled up next to me, leaning her head against my..... EEEHH?? She had meant to lean against my arm, but ended up a bit further than that.

  "Do you wanna die?!" I whispered. She made a small groan and burrowed farther into my chest. I just accepted reality and pulled her into my lab. Himiko's head rested between my breasts. It was embarrassing for me, but comfortable for her I suppose.

  As Kaede kept playing her piano and Himiko kept on sleeping, I couldn't help but think that, this wasn't so bad. Honestly, I wasn't attracted to girls, but this was comforting in a way I'd never known. A certain purple haired fool had caught my eye. But these two made me able to breathe.

  "Maki, do you have a request? I know lots of songs." I looked up. Kaede was staring at me with hopeful eyes.

  "Mirai or Magia. Do you know those?" She nodded and started playing. The melody relaxed me. Himiko was cuddling me, Kaede was playing music I liked, this was nice. For once, I could think of a day I enjoyed.

  Yeah, the day was almost over, and it felt short, but it had been nice. I felt sleepy and wanted nothing more than to lie down.

  I carefully pushed the little mage, (magician), off me and started to walk out on shaky legs.

  "Bye Maki! Good night; I hope you enjoyed yourself." Kaede called out from behind me.

  I turned to look back, "Good night. I think I enjoyed it; bye." Came my curt reply. But I smiled to let her know I was indeed, happy and relaxed.

  After making it back to my room, I decided to shower. That was now a luxury I could have. Once in the bathroom, I turned on the shower, then removed my clothes. For some reason, I always took out my scrunchies last. There was no particular reason; that's just what I did.

  I stepped in to shower, water blissfully hot. Grabbing the comb, I ran it threw my long hair. If I'm being honest, having long hair isn't great for assassins, but I made it work. Although some of my my.... colleagues, made fun of me and called me Rapunzel, I ignored them.

  Now the sleepy feeling grew stronger and I shut the water off. I got out and wrapped a towel around myself. After getting dressed, and was now ready for bed, I heard a knock on my door. Softly groaning, I went to answer it.

  Kaede and an exhausted looking Himiko stood at my door. "Just wanted to say good night, Maki. Himiko fell asleep, so she didn't get to say it." The pianist told me.

  The magician yawned, then said, "Nyeh, good night. It's a pain; I'm tired." I rolled my eyes but returned it.

  They promptly left and now I could sleep. I turned out my lights and crawled into my bed. The bed was cold, but it would warm up. Getting full hours of sleep would help me a lot. That wasn't something I was used to, but quickly learned to appreciate it.

  'Good night everyone. Sleep tight. Don't let the bedbugs bite.'