Nicknames Hajime X Ibuki

"Run!" I whispered urgently. Peko took off. Chiaki grabbed my arm as I ran to.

  "Where are yyyoooouuu??" Came a female voice. Ibuki was behind us. The three of us ran quicker.

  "This way!" Chiaki said. I swerved to follow her. We were running because none of us wanted a nickname from the Ultimate Musician. The others had suffered through bad nicknames. It wasn't anything personal against Ibuki though. We just weren't nickname people.

  I felt a hand grab me. 'Oh shoot. She's got me.'

  "YAY! I got Hajime!" She cheered. Chiaki turned back to face us.

  "F." Was she said. Then, she turned and ran. 'OH COME ON! I GET CAUGHT, AND ALL SHE SAYS IS "F"? That's really not fair.' I thought to myself. The other girl just kept cheering.

  "Not today!" I grabbed her arm, and basically threw Ibuki off me. Then I ran as fast as I could go. She groaned in frustration.

  Soon, the three of us managed to make it to the hotel. The others met us in the dining room. "How'd it go?" Mahiru asked concern.

  "She almost got Hajime. He escaped though..." Chiaki murmured sleepily. Peko nodded.

  "Ibuki turned out to be a fast runner. That could be a problem in the future." She said. Fuyuhiko sighed. I didn't understand why they seemed so close, yet not close at all. Maybe she just reminded him of someone he knew?

  "How long must we do this? I'm tired of avoiding her." Sonia stated.

  "Y..Yeah," Mikan stuttered. "it's not like her names are bad, ya know?" I smiled at the shy nurse. She was so sweet.

  And then of course Hiyoko had to open her mouth. "Of course you would think that, you smelly pig-fart! She basically dotes on you because you're and attention seeking w-!"

  "THAT'S ENOUGH! Hiyoko! What did I tell you?" Mahiru demanded. Hiyoko lowered her head. But she didn't apologize. Mahiru did that instead.

  Everyone else had a nickname. Sonia's was "Princess"; Gundham's was "Ice Lord"; Teruteru's was "Chef"; Fuyuhiko's was "Boss Baby"; Akane's was "Food Lover"; Nekomaru's was "Coach"; Byakuya's was "Rich Dude".

As for the others, I forgot them. Peko, Chiaki, and I all had avoided her enough, so we didn't have any. Oh yeah! Mahiru's was "Mom". That fit.

The doors burst open with a loud THUMP! And who was at the door? No no other than..... Nagito. I sighed when I saw him. Not out of fondness or affection, but out of annoyance. Sheer, plain annoyance. And with him stood the girl we had been trying to dodge. She skipped in happily.

"Thanks Nagito! Ibuki didn't know where they had gone. Oh! Hi Pastel Nurse!" She squealed. Oh, so that was Mikan's nickname. Ok. That made sense.

Nagito grinned oddly. "I'm so glad I could boost your hope! Anything for an Ultimate!" I almost gagged. He was so odd! "But, why are you hiding here?"

We glanced at each other. No one answered. He rolled his eyes. I stood up. Chiaki followed. "I'm going to the beach. Does anyone wanna come with?" She asked.

Ibuki waved her hand vigorously. Chiaki smiled and nodded at her. "Here's one, here's two, here's thee, here's four, ten!" She exclaimed happily.

I shuddered. It was a reference to a song I'd heard. The song was called "Fear Garden", and the singer, Rin, was counting in that particular way.

Eventually, we just all decided to go. If we couldn't escape her, we would be with her. The others left the dining hall soon after. I was left with Ibuki. My heart began speeding up.

She trotted over to me. "Poke! You're it!" Then, she bolted out at lightning fast speed. I stood, frozen. But I recovered and ran after her.

I chased all the way to our cabins. She ducked inside hers. Sighing, I headed to mine.

Once in, I changed into my swimsuit and headed to Chandler Beach. Most of the others were there. Mikan, Hiyoko, Mahiru, Fuyuhiko, Peko, and Ibuki weren't there yet. I suppose Mahiru was trying to make sure Hiyoko didn't insult anyone.

"I..I'm here! Please forgive me for being late!" Mikan's voice cried out. I turned to look.

She was wearing a pastel pink and lavender two piece swimsuit with little ruffles and bows on it. I couldn't help but let out an "Aaww", when I saw her. She was so cute.

"We're also here." It was Mahiru dragging Hiyoko. I just laughed.

Shottly after, the three others arrived. Peko was in a black two piece with some ruffles. And as for Ibuki, her swimsuit was just as chaotic as she was.

It was a navy blue color, with white and hot pink stripes. The top connected to the bottom by small strings. When she got closer, she started waving wildly. I waved back for some reason.

Soda set up a volleyball net and played with Akane and Nagito on his side. On the opposing side was Peko, Sonia, and Gundham. They were actually not bad. The side with Peko, I mean.

Soda kept shrieking with frustration every time he lost. Nagito was just a bad player overal. Akane was the only one who was any good at it.

Chiaki and Mikan were building sandcastles together. However, Teruteru walked up to them and scared Mikan. She knocked over her sandcastle and began to cry.

"Hey hey. It's alright. We can just rebuild it, okay?" Chiaki said. Mikan nodded, still crying. The Ultimate Cook quickly ran off, claiming he had food in his basket.

Meanwhile, as I sat next to Mahiru, someone else sat down next to me. "C'mon Hajime! The water is nice and salty. Like you! And plus, Ibuki wants to play!"

I looked at Mahiru, desperately wanted her help. "Sorry Hajime. I'm going to go help Mikan and Chiaki." Then she got up and left.

Now that I wasn't safe, Ibuki grabbed my arm and dragged me to the water. She whispered on me, "Hey so umm... I love you. And I have a nickname for you. Sweetheart. That's your nickname."

My brain stopped functioning. "Are you serious?" She smiled shyly.

"Yes. Ibuki's very serious. C.. can I kiss you?' I nodded dumbly.

Ibuki kissed me. It was soft and wonderful. As she pulled away, a childish smirk dawned on her face. "Ibuki was kidding." She said. My heart stopped. But then, she said, "Your nickname is Salt Roll." And with that, she took off, running down the beach.

I stood there for a good few seconds. Then, I ran after her.

"HEY! You can't just say stuff like that and run off. Ibuki! Get back here!"