Twenty Four

Bettin' Man // That's How Ya Left Me - Riley Green

Two Years Later

Daniella hasn't talked or seen Morgan since that day, she has thought about him a good bit, though. She's moved into the master bedroom with her now fiancé Riley at her fathers house while Hardy moved out to Nashville with his girlfriend from Ole Miss to pursue his own music career for himself.

Riley and Dani have a date set and it's coming up pretty quick, a few weeks left. It's in the fall, September, on his parents farm in Alabama, easy decision since she has no family in Tennessee anymore and Hardy is still giving her away, obviously since she's still best friends with him.

She considers them her only family.

Currently, the betrothed couple are heading over to Nashville for Michael's release party he's having for his album Hixtape. He called Daniella every time he finished a song to get her input, she still loves that. Dani and Hardy's girlfriend, Caleigh, became fast friends and they're closer than her and Hardy are, he's jealous but happy.

"Michael!" Dani squeaks when she sees him, giving him a huge hug. It's been about a year since she's last seen him in person. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, baby!" He smiles, holding her tighter. "Thanks for comin' out here." He says to the couple. "I really appreciate it."

"Of course, darlin'! Where's Caleigh?"

"Probably at the bar." He hitches a thumb behind him with a smile. She follows the direction, squealing echoing throughout the room when the girls see each other. "Wow. How're you Riley? Big day's comin up pretty soon huh?"

"Absolutely, three-ish weeks left." He nods, swaying on his boot clad feet. "Can't wait." Hardy can see the love in his eyes as he talks about Daniella but deep in his heart, he knows he isn't the one she's supposed to be with. "And hey, thanks for bein' in the weddin', I know she doesn't have anyone."

"She don't have anyone? What's that supposed to mean?" Hardy kinda chuckles.

"I mean, she doesn't have family. I'm gonna have her move to Alabama with me after we get married."

"Why? Y'know that house y'all're stayin' in was the house her ole man was raised in and the house she was raised in. That house is her heart and I'm her family-"

"I'm just sayin' man." He cuts him off. "There's no reason for us to stay in Tennessee anymore. It's a dead-end." He shrugs.

"That's a bad idea, man." Hardy says, taking a drink from the beer in his hand. "Have you talked to her about it?"

"Nope, I'm gonna list the house a week before the wedding and buy one the week after."

"And you're just not gonna tell her?"

"Why would I? She'd say no."

"Right. Why have her move to a state where she don't even wanna move to?"

"It's what's best for her. I know what's best for her."

Hardy scoffs loudly as he shakes his head. "That's a good way to lose the best thing that's ever happen to you."