Thirty

"I don't remember feeling this bitchy with Johnny." Dani huffs, wiping her face free from angry tears. "But, fuck, Morgan you can't leave your fucking boots here."

"It's never been a problem before, babe." Morgan says softly from the couch. "Chill out."

His face drops as Dani gives him a fuming look. "What." Her voice is low as she clenches her jaw.

"I- Shit." He runs his hand through his buzzed hair. "Son of a bitch. I'm sorry, Ella. I didn't mean it like that." He says, scrambling to his feet to follow her to the kitchen. "I'm sorry." Dani whimpers and nods, wiping her eyes again. "C'mere." She nods again and drops her head against his shoulder as he holds her close.

"Man this sucks." She exhales heavily.

"Three months left of this then we'll have our babygirl." He puts his hand on her baby bump. "We can get through this okay?" She nods again, sighing.

"Sorry." He cups her cheeks, running his thumb over her flushed skin before leaning in to kiss her. "Three more months."

"That's right, baby." He whispers, holding her close to his chest. "Nothing we can't handle. We've done this before and we're doing it again." She takes a deep breath and sighs. "If anyone can do this, it's you."

"Oh fuck off." She laughs weakly, reaching over to play with his fingers. "Thanks."

+++

"Baby Wallen's coming soon!" Caleigh chirps as she helps the boys decorate the nursery. She talked Dani into gray walls and light pink accents. "How many days?"

"Twenty eight." She breathes back, sitting on the small white armchair. "Can't wait."

"What're y'all naming her?" Hardy asks, nodding to Morgan as they set the dresser down.

Dani's silent. "We don't have a name."

"What!? How can you not have a name yet? That's like the best part of having a kid!" Caleigh exclaims with wide eyes.

"I don't know. I guess I've been preoccupied. This pregnancy is so much more difficult than Johnny was." Dani sighs, her hand rubbing her prominent bump. "I've never felt this exhausted before."

"Well, Michael and I'll get outta your hair and let you guys relax." Caleigh picks up her bag and jacket. "Love you guys." The couples wave at each other as they separate.

"How the hell can we not have a name picked out!?" Dani has tears in her eyes. "We're horrible parents!"

"Baby." Morgan helps his wife to her feet and walks her to their bed where Johnny is still asleep. "Like you said, this pregnancy is harder. We've had a lot on our minds so why don't we just brainstorm some names, okay?" Dani nods as she plays with her sons hair. "What're you feelin?"

"I dunno." Morgan sighs, tugging his long sleeve tee off before pulling Johnny onto his lap. "What're you thinkin?"

"I like Louise." She rolls her eyes. "Okay then."

"James?"

"For a girl?"

"Yeah, I mean it's unique." She shrugs, running her hand over her bump. "I like Morgan too."

"Eh, I don't know. I think it might be kinda weird to have two Morgan's here." She nods. "Riley?"

"No." She immediately says. "Absolutely not."

"Casey?" She shrugs. "Hayden?" She shrugs again. "Reese?"

"I don't know." Dani huffs, dropping her head on his shoulder. "James is sticking. Johnny and Jamie sounds cute together."