Seventeen

Morgan is out doing an interview while Hardy and Dani are at her house, he said he'd be back in a few hours so they're alone. "His birthday is comin' up." She says as she sits on the porch, looking at their view as it rains.

"I know. What're y'all gonna do?" Hardy asks, sitting next to her.

"His momma's settin' up a party for 'em. I got him a guitar, Joe Walsh from the Eagles signed it."

"How in the hell did you swing that?"

"Coffee can cash." She shrugs, looking down at her mug. "Luck too, I guess."

"Damn, I just got him a Wheeler Walker Jr shirt." He chuckles.

"I'm sure he'll love that like he does his other one."

"Seriously? He has one already?" She laughs as she shakes her head. "C'mon now, stop bein' mean." He elbows her playfully. "Hey, I'm sorry for sayin' all that stuff 'bout Morgan."

"Thanks." She pats his knee. "Sorry for smackin' you."

He puts his arm behind her and leans back. "But I'm not sorry for kissin' you." He states, she rolls her eyes. "I don't regret that one bit." He whispers, his breath hitting her neck, goosebumps show on her skin. He boldly starts kissing her neck and jaw, holding the side of her face and she lets him. "You're so addictin'." He says against her skin. He makes his way to her lips, his hand sliding to the back of her head as she runs her fingers over his chest tattoo. "Morgan won't be back for a couple of hours."

Speak of the devil. Her phone goes off, scaring them apart. "Hey- Hey, Morgan." She says, her hands shaking. "What's up?"

"I ain't gonna be home for supper, they're crazy behind." He grumbles into the phone.

"I'll save a plate for you then."

"Thank you, darlin." He sighs heavily. "Shit, I gotta go."

"Hey, call me when you're on your way back, alright?"

"Will do." He says before he hangs up.

She turns to Michael. "He's stuck in Knoxville until probably after supper." She says as she turns her phone in her hand. "Sounded pretty upset."

Hardy rolls his eyes as he tosses his arm behind her again, squeezing her shoulder. "He's fine, baby." She sighs as she leans against him with a clenched jaw and a bouncing knee.  "You need to relax."

"I'm fine."

"C'mon, let me help ya out." He pulls her up to stand. "Let me make you somethin'."

She follows him to her kitchen and hops up on the counter. "It's been a long time since someone's cooked for me." She mumbles as she cracks open a long neck, tossing the cap into the sink. "I mean, Morgan did when my dad died but I'm usually cookin'."

"I'm not a chef like you are." He says back, crouching to pull a dish from a cabinet. "Nothin' beats your cookin'."

"Thanks." She sighs, looking down at the beer in her hand. "I don't even like Corona." Dani admits, grimacing at the taste. "It does nothing for me. I don't get that buzz I get when I pound down a few Busch Lights."

"I got a twenty four pack out in the Jeep." He says as he slaps together some bacon baked beans. "My keys are on the end table."

She hops down and grabs his keys, running out to his car in the rain. She returns, soaking wet with a half drank can in one hand and an open case in the other. "This is a party beer, baby." She breathes out after chugging a second one.