Twenty One

There Was This Girl - Riley Green // Trouble With You - Riley Green

Daniella sits on a bar stool, her elbow on the bar top as she talks to Hardy, both have a drink in their hands. She adjusts her low cut long sleeve tee before fiddling with her necklace then tugs on her tight ripped jeans, fixing the collar on her denim jacket. Hardy can't stop himself from checking her out. She laughs at something the bartender says, flirting with him to get a free drink, which she ends up getting along with a napkin with his phone number on it that she puts in her pocket. She turns to Michael and smiles. "This is nice." She wraps her hand around the drink in her hand. He notices she isn't wearing her engagement ring. "It's nice to be back in Knoxville." She says as she smiles back at a table of guys in the corner before slowing turning back to the bartender. "Excuse me, Levi?"

"Yes ma'am?"

"Can you put those boys' next round on me?" Dani hands him her card. "Thank you, Levi." He nods and starts pouring four drinks for them before heading to their table. "Nice to be 'on the market' again- y'know Free Bird."

"You better be careful, darlin'." Hardy says, taking a drink of his beer.

"Why? It's just honest flirtin'."

"I'm just sayin' baby." He puts his hands on her shoulders, squeezes them, then leans down to press a friendly kiss to her cheek. "Just be careful." He excuses himself to go to the restroom.

"Hey there girly." Someone says behind her, his hand on the small of her back. It's one of the guys from the table.

"Hey handsome." She smiles back.

"I'm Riley."

"Daniella. Are you from that table back there?" He nods with a smile. "I'm glad you came over here."

"Why's that, baby?"

"You're the best lookin one over there. I couldn't just buy you a drink without being obvious." She bites her lip. "I'm glad you got the message though." She gives him a trouble makin' grin, her hand still around her drink.

"Wanna get outta here?" He asks, leaning against the bar. "My truck's out in the lot." Hardy returns and sits next to her. "Shit sorry, are y'all together?"

"No." She answers over Michael, grabbing her purse and jacket. Hardy shakes his head, earning a smack to the back of it. "I'll let you know where I am, darlin." She whispers to her best friend, giving him a kiss on the cheek.

"C'mon now darlin." Riley smiles to himself, taking her hand in his while his free one waves his friends goodbye.

+++

"I'm not from 'round here, so you'll have to give me directions." Riley says as he starts his diesel truck up, letting it sit in idle to warm up. "Are you from 'round here?"

"I'm from Sneedville; a couple hours east, but I went to college at the school in town, spent three years of my life right here." She tosses her purse on the floor and buckles up. "Turn right outta here and take the street all the way down." She points the way she's talking. "Step on it, boy!" She laughs when he gives her a confused look.

Riley shrugs as he puts the truck in drive to turn right out of the bar parking lot and head down the main road. "Now where, ma'am?"

"Uh," she clicks her tongue. "Right." He nods and turns. "In 'bout a mile, there's a dirt road on the left."

"I'm trustin' you, Daniella." He chuckles, turning his truck down the hidden path.