Sixteen

Up Down - Morgan Wallen (feat. FGL)

It's been a few months since Dani's father has passed. Morgan has a music video to shoot today and he's invited Hardy, who's still living with them, and Dani, to get her outta the house. She looks down at the outfit the stylist has her in, a red bikini top and a pair of short cut offs. Morgan is in a blue button down with denim shorts and Hardy's wearing a navy shirt with fish hooks or bobbers on it, also a pair of shorts and a red hat. The three are barefoot.

She gets to sit on a boat in Orange Beach, Alabama with her fiancé and best friend. Morgan is standing at the front end while Hardy and Dani are chilling together, laughing quietly together. He hasn't tried to make another move on her since the funeral, she's still healing. They clink their yellow labeled Shiners together as Morgan is filming with the two tall guys from Florida Georgia Line. Hardy puts his arm behind her as he leans in close to whisper in his ear. Morgan watches, feeling a pang of jealousy as she laughs.

She smiles and shakes her head as she leans back and crosses her legs, smiling at Morgan who nods back. The owner of the boat takes them out into the water and anchors it in the middle of the gulf. She's honestly glad to be out of the house, watching Morgan do what he does best; socialize, drink, and sing. She giggles as he dances, raising her Shiner Bock to him as he mirrors her. The director yells cut and Morgan hops down to sits between her and Hardy, his arm around her. "How ya doin' baby?"

"I'm having fun." She smiles. "Hardy's been tellin' me all 'bout the writin' process."

"What're you tellin' her?"

"Just the truth." He says as he pushes Morgan's head playfully before the two guys get up and start chatting with the director.

Dani takes a sip from her beer as one of the guys from Florida Georgia Line comes up to her, offering her a bottle with the words Old Camp on it. "Loosen up, darlin'." He says in a thick southern accent. "Who're you here with?" He asks, sitting next to her.

"Morgan and Hardy." She says, taking a gulp of the drink, scrunching her face up from how sweet it is. "What is this?"

"Peach Pecan Whiskey." He responds, taking a swallow from it. "I'm Brian."

"Dani." She smiles, shaking his outstretched tattooed hand.

"Y'know, this is my boat." He says as he puts his arm behind her, leaning closer, getting way too comfortable next to her. "And me and my buddy started this whiskey company." He holds up the bottle. Hardy glances back to Dani, elbowing Morgan to get him to look her direction.

"And I'm engaged." She says as she holds her hand up.

"To who?" Morgan stands in front of them. "Sup, Wallen? This is Dani."

"Yeah, I know. She's my fiancé." He responds calmly.

"No way- there's no way! I don't buy it." He scoffs. "She's too pretty to be with someone like you."

Daniella rolls her eyes as she stands and takes Morgan's hand, pulling him to the other side of the boat. "So, uh, much longer are y'all gonna be shootin'?"

"I think we're almost-" he's cut off by a kiss from her. She pulls him against her, her hands holding tightly onto his blue button up as one of his goes to her waist and the other grips the railing of the boat behind her. "Are you drunk?" He asks licking his lips, tasting that sweet whiskey. "How much have you drank?"

"I dunno. A few beers, like a couple of swallows of that whiskey." She hiccups out a burp. "I'm not drunk."

"Morgan!" The director calls for him.