°8°

"No offense but aren't you going to answer my question?" he asked, his deep voice echoing.

"Hmm..Wait!" I moved forward and shut the door behind him. I led him to the couch and watched as he sat down. "How did you get my home address?"

He chuckled, "Chijioke told me. No...I mean to say I paid him a certain amount of money to get the information".

Mr Handsome is in my house and he asked me to be his girlfriend. Wow!

"I know I wasn't romantic with my question but could you give me a reply?"

"Um...Not now. I need to get dressed. This," I pointed at my towel. "Isn't proper".

His eyes swept up and down as he gazed at me. He shrugged and smirked, "It looks proper to me!"

I rolled my eyes and retorted, "Then something is wrong with you!"

He chuckled and I glanced at his dimples before I shut the door behind me. I went to the mirror and stared at my reflection. "Why does this guy have the habit of appearing when I'm not well-dressed?" I asked, flailing my arms in the air. My lips curved upwards. "I look sexy sha!"

I walked to my wardrobe and picked a T-shirt and a jeans. I got dressed and returned to the living room.

"So...your answer?" he asked the moment I entered the room.

"What do you mean?" I shrugged.

"Okay! Fine! I'm willing to pay you for the time you spend with me and all the troubles you will face because of my family. Just say yes!"

"Pay me? I don't like that. It makes me look like a gold digger," I scrunched my nose and a look of disdain settled on my features.

He quickly waved his hand and added, "I don't see you as a gold digger. You aren't one. I just need you to say yes".

"Why?"

"I want to take a step towards your idea. I want to try it out"

"Like most guys say, there are many fishes in the ocean. So why me?"

"You're different from all the ladies I know," he replied in a leveled way.

"How?"

"First, I don't think you will be as obsessed as most girls have met. You don't look like the materialistic kind and I feel okay with you. I don't want to have a strange woman introduced to my family," he responded, gazing into my eyes.

"But I'm a stranger?"

He groaned in frustration. "Why so many questions?"

"Cos I like watching you feel uncomfortable!" I beamed and bounced on the couch. "It's fun!"

He cocked a brow and chuckled, "I also prefer you cos you make me laugh sometimes!"

"But I'm not funny"

"You act like a clown sometimes!" he jeered, pressing his lips together to suppress his laughter. His expression was damn cute. I had to look away when I felt...I feel weird saying this but....I felt like butterflies were spinning in my stomach...I didn't describe the feeling well but I know I felt weird.

I forced myself out of the silly thoughts in my head and exclaimed, "How can you call me a clown? That's a crime that is punishable under my law".

"You have a law?"

"Yeah! Never tease Anita or else she will tease you back. And I always endure that the person feels humiliated"

"So...I should be expecting my turn? You'll tease me?"