° 30 °

-----PRINCE's POV-----

Hurrray! We have Prince's POV here! Let's hop in and see things through Prince's eyes.

××××××××

"Miss," I called out. "So why do you care if I drink?"

"Your handsome. Duh! I can't allow such beauty to be wiped out easily," Anita replied.

"So if I decided to commit suicide, what would you do?"

"Knock some sense into your head. That's what I will do," She said with a determined look that startled me.

"You are a strange person. Do you know that?"

"The fact is that I don't support the idea of alcohol drinking. I'm saving your life. You can thank me later. I have seen patients die because of this. It's not a joking matter," she said in all seriousness and sighed. "I know why I am saying this".

"Death?"

"Yeah! A lot of people die because of it. It's either their drunk state puts their life in danger or the alcohol damages important organs in their body," I replied.

"Be rest assured! You now have a converted soul," I smiled and beat my chest. "I don't think I have the mind to drink after hearing that".

I recalled all this. It was on replay in my head. It had happened at a friend's party. This was my second time of meeting Anita. Yes, I assured her I won't drink but today would be different. I picked the glass cup filled with whiskey and sipped from it. I was perturbed. I had always been in control of my emotions and everything around me. My dad taught me to always be in control. That's how my life would get great. Well, my dad has got some explanation to give because what's happening to me has left me in a mess.

My jaw set in fury as my body boiled up. Where was the cool and calm demeanor in me? Why the sudden loss of rationality? Why had I lost control of my emotions and reasoning?

My head did a replay of the first time I laid my eyes on Anita. I should have know I was in danger. A kiss on our first meet?

Maybe I shouldn't call it a kiss. We just bumped into each other and for the first time in my life, my brain had actually stopped working. It took great effort for me to pull my phone out and focus on my work. Then again, we met at a party and the best thing that came to my mind, quite foolish, was to sign a contract with her and have her as my girlfriend. Nice plan, Prince! It just backfired.

This situation would have not been tough if only I was more comfortable and straightforward with the opposite gender. Anita has invaded my thoughts and have decided to stay forever. I can't even go one minute without thinking of her. I have loads of work waiting for me because I decided to sit and plan out how I would ask her to be my real girlfriend. The plan backfired because I would have to deprive myself from sleep to get it done. My transformation to a zombie might finally be complete.

I'm just burdened. All the responsibilities of my family rest on me, the first born and first son. I am to take care of both my closest and extended family. Why did my dad have to be the kind that love to have debts?

Everyone has their eyes on me and my bank account. From a tender age, my dad would beat me blue black just because I was too playful and as he would say– childish. He wanted me to grow up fast. My books were my bestfriend, girlfriend and enemy all at the same time. My dad's tyrannical reign was successful on me because no matter how I tried, I was not the rebellious type. I saw reason in all that he told me because I knew my mom would only be happy if I pleased him. My mom's joy was my energy.