°26°

How I planned my week was far different from how it turned out. I yawned and began my rush back into a patient's room. For four days, I've been in and out the hospital. My work got tougher and tedious than before. The new doctor that I was under was determined to bring out the best in me. I haven't met him but I knew the right word to describe him– Ambitious and hardworking.

After another surgery, I went to the cafeteria and ate my first meal for the day. It was eleven in the morning. I knew I won't have time to get lunch with Prince. I miss him. For four days, we haven't seen each other. He had tried so much to create time for us to meet for lunch but I never had the time to join him. I sighed as I now moved to the locker room. The moment I opened the locker, I saw the red roses lying in it. For this four days, I had received four red roses. 

Who is sending this mystery roses?

The letters that came with it always says I miss you and it's anonymous. I picked my phone that lay beside it and dialed it. Prince picked on the first ring.

"Hello, angel!" His voice echoed with hope. "How are you? Should I come pick you up for lunch?"

"Nope! I've eaten. I have a surgery to attend to in the next thirty minutes," I replied.

"Oh!" he voiced.

"Yeah!" A sigh escaped my lips.

"When will it be done?"

"I don't know how many hours it will take but I know I'll go home late today"

"Like how late?"

"Like maybe after eleven," I sighed again. "Na wa oo! Who send you to get me a diligent doctor".

His sweet chuckle that I so miss, rang and it sent a shiver down my spine and to my toes. I bit my lips and rushed to the nearest chair. "I want you to be the best and so I got the best to teach you".

A large smile spread to my face. "You want me to be the best? Why?"

"Cos I can't wait to see you establish your own hospital?"

"My own hospital?"

"Yes, angel! I want the best from you. Make me proud," he chuckled. "Also...."

"Also?"

"Hm....My sweetest girlfriend," he cooed.

"Ah! Wetin dey sup? "

"I'm sad"

My brows shot up. "Why?"

"My bestfriend came over to my office today. I've told him about you and I said I'll introduce you to him. But I got a big surprise. He came today with four of my childhood friends," he explained.

I snickered, "Why are you sad then? Meeting your friends is a good thing"

"It's because...." he said, feigning sob. I quickly put my phone in loud speaker mode. I'm shocked to see Prince being this childish and dramatic.

"It's because you aren't eating lunch with me today," he added.

"So? You can eat with your friends"

"They said I'll die lonely," he chortled and sighed.

I burst into a fit of laughter. "Ah! Why?"

"They said I'm too workaholic to use my looks to get a babe," he replied.

The gist captured my attention and I crossed my legs as I sat on the chair. I placed my phone close to ear, my undivided attention on it.

"What did you say?"