°11°

Prince and I chatted as we drove to the restaurant. We passed a lot of great restaurants that I got confused.

"Where are we really going?" I asked with my brows furrowed.

"To a restaurant to eat"

"Well, we just passed alot of great restaurants. Explain?"

"I have one you will love. Their food are always delicious"

"That's good cos I want to eat pounded yam and banga soup," a lopsided grin appeared on my face.

"You don't want rice?"

"Mtchew!"

"Pizza?"

I rolled my eyes.

"Expensive Chinese Food?"

"Abeg! Do I resemble a Chinese?"

"Burger? Barbecue? Most expensive meal on the menu?" he glanced at her and turned his gaze back to the road.

I shrugged. "Why do you want me to choose that?"

"I don't. I'm just surprised that you aren't. Most girls would use this as an opportunity to empty my wallet"

"I'm not most girls!"

"I agree with you!"

"What do you want to eat?"

He shrugged. "Let's get there first!"

"Okay!"

We arrived at a huge hotel. Prince sent a smile at me and drove into the parking lot. He surprisingly leaned to unbuckle my seatbelt and opened the door for me.

"Thanks!" I said and slid out of the car. He got out and led me towards the building. He opened the glass door and I walked in. I pressed my lips together and my eyes swept around the room. "You chose the restaurant. Get ready to pay the bill".

He chuckled and a waiter directed us to an empty table beside the window. The sun had set and the sky was dark blue. The interior of the building was magnificent. There was good lightning and the air conditioner made the room cool. Red and white was the main color in the building.

A waiter walked up to us and asked for our order. Prince nodded and said my order, "Pounded yam and banga soup for the pretty lady here!"

"And you?" he asked and adjusted his red bowtie. He wrote down my order and stared at Prince, waiting for him to speak.

"Um...." he rubbed his jawline.

"What's wrong?" I probbed.

"I don't know what I want to eat!" he replied and did a half-shrug.

"Oh! Just select anything nau!"

"Like what?"

"I'm not you. You should decide yourself".

"You know what! How about you make my order for me?"

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah!"

"Hmm..." I glanced at the menu.

"You are an Igbo boy! What do you think of nsala?"

He shrugged. My eyes darted to the list of Nigerian soups in the menu.

"Waiter, Eba and ogbono soup"

His face was etched with a smile.

"You like it?"

"I'm already salivating! Nice choice!"

The waiter wrote it down and left their midst.

"So what should we do about your family?"