6. inner turmoil

a/n:

chapter picture from thecut.com
tw: basic white man😔‼️
this is how I imagine tom to look like (a basic, boring man </3, but he can be up to your interpretation)

comtw: basic white man😔‼️this is how I imagine tom to look like (a basic, boring man </3, but he can be up to your interpretation)

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Y/N, wake up." Someone says as they shake your shoulder. You were laying down on the couch on the jet, and you look up to Emily waking you up. "Y/N, we are about to land, you need to get up and buckle in." Shaking your head, you slowly push yourself up and buckle yourself in.

"You all did fantastic on this case." Hotch says. "Thankfully, we don't have another case when we land. Spencer, since you finish your paperwork the fastest, can you show Y/N how to fill it out?"

You look up at Hotch, who has a serious look on his face. It feels like he is almost testing you two, seeing how you two will work together. You know it is irrational to avoid Spencer all together, but you truly didn't want to have any one-on-one interactions with him anymore because of the kiss you shared last time you two were alone. You look to Spencer, and your eyes fall to your lap. These past two days has left you raw and emotionally numb. You need to figure out if this job is worth the emotional turmoil.

"Yeah, I can show her." Spencer responds.

The jet makes a smooth landing, which soothed your nerves of flying and the impending moment you will share with Spencer later. Everyone de-boards the plane and heads back to the BAU office. You walk alone, but can hear everyone else laughing around and enjoying each others presence.

As you all enter the BAU, everyone disperses to their own desk and settles down. Garcia comes running into the office soon after.

"Oh em gee, I'm so glad you all landed safe!" She says as she hugs Morgan.

"Also, can I steal Y/N for a moment?" She says.

You look at Hotch for approval and he nods curtly. You follow Penelope to her office. As you walk in with her, you notice all her computer screens and all the colorful and eccentric toys, lights, and decorations she has surrounding her desk.

"I love your office!" You say.

"Thanks!" She says with a wide smile. "Okay, so the reason I brought you in here is because well...when a new person starts here I always sneakily do a little background check on them..." She begins.

"It always feels wrong, but the curiosity gets the best of me." She finishes.

"So you know everything?" You say, defeated.