17. leave us alone

a/n:

I felt bad for not uploading for a while so here's another chapter my loves :)

tw: kidnapping, guns

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"I insist." Spencer throws his hands up as he reaches for his wallet. You've been protesting that he does not have to pay for you, but he insists it is his treat.

"At least let me pay you back." You counter.

"No." He says as he looks down and shuffles through his wallet. 

You roll your eyes, knowing you are fighting something you can't win. "Fine. But next time it is on me." You say.

"Next time?" He smirks, while handing Willow money for the bill and mouthing a thank you so he doesn't interrupt what you are about to say.

"I mean, uh, if we ever find ourselves out to eat again it is on me." You scramble.

"We will cross that bridge when we get there, okay?" He says as he stuffs his wallet back into his pocket. You take a few more sips of your water before you decide you are full, and Spencer sits there patiently for you to finish. He finished his coffee and pancakes well before you. You are even a slow eater, as many people have liked to point out to you. Thankfully, Spencer doesn't say anything about it.

"Are we ready to go?" You say as you wipe your hands off on a nearby napkin. Spencer nods, and begins to stand up and walks to your side of the booth to help you up if needed.

"It was lovely to see you two again!" Willow projects from across the diner when she notices you two leaving.

"You too, Willow! Take care!" You wave goodbye and push the door open. You hear the door close behind you and Spencer trails behind you to the car.

"Here." He says as he opens the door for you and waits for you to get in. 

"Thanks." You say as he closes the door and you buckle in.

"To the lake now?" You eventually comment as he settles in the seat.

"If you want, yes." He says back, not looking at you. He has his attention directed towards backing the car up, his arm across the back of your seat and his eyes glued to the back of the car. You watch him intently as he focuses on moving the car.

"Yeah, that's fine." You say eventually, as he switches gears and the car crawls forward.

"To the lake then." He smiles, and darts off.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Your phone begins to ring, and you search through your bag until you finally find it. 

"Hello?" You say into the receiver.

"Hey, Y/N. It's Hotch."

"Hi, Hotch. What is up?"

"Is Spencer there with you?" He asks.

"Yes." You decide not to lie to him this time, especially since he apparently can tell when you are lying.

"Okay. Make sure he can hear what I am about to say." You switch the phone to speakerphone and tell Hotch he is good to speak.