10. watch your back

a/n:

chapter photo from Pinterest.com

tw: guns, kidnapping, torture, mentions of blood

WARNING: SEASON 8 SPOILERS

I just want to clarify Y/N is certified to be carrying a gun and is going into the field. I know I mentioned before she wasn't certified on the first case, but I'm too lazy to write out a scene where she trains and takes a gun certification class lol sorry hehe  :P

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

"Y/N! Spencer! I'm glad you two landed safely." The blonde you are now envious of approaches you both.

"Hey, JJ." You say. "How's it going with the case?" You nod towards the crime board and the rest of the team gathered around it.

"Nothing conclusive with Sam Conway. So not good." She says, sighing.

"Well, let's go join the rest of the team, shall we?" You say sarcastically, not looking at the either of them.

"Y/N! I wasn't expecting you to be here." Emily says, surprised by your presence. 

"I guess I needed to get out of the house." You say. "Anyway, what are we brainstorming about?" You say, changing the subject.

"We have no new leads." Rossi says. "We are honestly stuck right now." 

"Can I visit the crime scenes?" You ask, mainly to Hotch.

"Yeah, it'll be nice to have a fresh set of eyes on the crime scenes. Take Reid with you." You wish you could shrivel up into a ball and cry. With the fight you just had with Spencer, you want nothing more than to be as far away from him as possible. But it seems like the universe keeps pushing you two together.

For the first time, you decide to drive. Stepping up into the drivers side of the Escalade, you hear Spencer climb into the passenger side.

"We will head to the first crime scene first." You state.

"Y/N, I-"

"How far away is it?" You interrupt.

"About 15 minutes." Spencer responds.

"Okay." You say back, and decide to turn the radio on to try and drown out Spencer's presence.

"Can you turn the music down?" Spencer asks after a few moments.

You don't even try to argue, you simply turn the music down a few notches and continue driving and ignoring Spencer.

"Y/N, can you stop ignoring me?" Spencer pleads.

You again stay silent, making a right turn.

"Y/N."

Again, you ignore Spencer nagging on you. You are trying to hold back your tears, and you are putting up the same guard he had up earlier. You know it's petty, but you are trying to give him a taste of his own medicine.

"We are here." You simply say as you pull into the crime scene. Something feels off, though, and your hand hovers over your gun holster instinctively. Reid looks down at your hand resting on your gun, and looks around to find the danger you are sensing. That's when he sees it, someone walking around the crime scene with a hood up, their back facing the car.

"Y/N, let me approach him-" Spencer whispers.

"No." You whisper yell back.

Jumping out of the car, you pull your gun out and point it. "FBI! Put your hands where I can see them!" The person jumps, turns around, and takes off.