3. after

a/n:

chapter photo from weheartit.com

disclaimer: the timeline would put reid at around season 2 looks, but I imagine him more as season 9 reid in this story!

tw: talk of sexual assault from case

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

7 years later

"Y/N! Are you up yet?" Your roommate Samantha yells from the other room. When you don't respond, she barges into your room and opens your curtains.

"Samantha!" You groan as you cover your face with a pillow. "Just a few more minutes please..."

Samantha and you were roommates your first year of university. Since then, you two have been inseparable best friends and have done everything together. She took you to your first college party, which you definitely don't remember at all, to moving into your own shared apartment. She is truly your best friend, and she knows everything about you. She spent the first few months of your friendship listening and consoling you about your rocky relationship with Spencer. Her kind and useful words helped you move on and begin to see other people.

Since Spencer, you have slept with about two other people. First, it was Steven at a party your freshmen year of college, but that was a one and done type of deal. The second person is actually your current boyfriend, Tom. Tom and you have been dating for almost a year now. You met Tom in your Human Behaviors class, and since then, you think sometimes how he isn't Spencer. But in the 7 years apart from him, you've learned you will never see him again and have to move on. It's bullshit, you think, that you had your greatest love at 18 and it was completely flushed down the drain. Now, at 25, you've come to terms that it was never meant to be and that maybe in some twisted way you've romanticized your relationship with Spencer since he was your first love.

"Y/N, you have your interview with the BAU today. You need to get up." Samantha says.

"That's right! Oh my god, I am so nervous..." You scramble out of bed, suddenly a bundle of nerves at the reminder of your interview with your dream job.

"You are going to kill it, Y/N. Don't sweat it. You are amazing at what you do. They'd be stupid not to hire you." Samantha consoles.

"Thank you." You say genuinely. Samantha pulls you into a hug.

You spend the next half an hour getting ready and preparing everything you need. You have on a professional outfit and minimal makeup. Lastly, you pack your bag and grab your keys to head out.