2. before, part 2

a/n

tw: break ups, talk about trauma, abusive and drunk parent, (minor) mention of depression

disclaimer: I do not know if it was clear in the last chapter or not, but both the reader and spencer are the same age.

also: this chapter will be the last one dedicated to when y/n and spencer are 18 and going into college. after this, the chapters will (most likely) be present time.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Graduation came and went, and so did summer. You texted and called Spencer daily, trying to get in contact with him. You even showed up to his house here and there, and he never answered. You wanted to just talk to him, despite how badly you messed up. You yearned for him, your life was obviously not complete without him. You learned over the summer that Spencer was the one. You couldn't imagine spending your life with anyone else. Your 'friends' tried to say it was for the best, but they only said that because they didn't approve of him because he wasn't a jock, football player.

Your summer consisted of many drunken nights you can barely remember. Nothing was on your mind except Spencer. All you wanted to do was drown out the pain in your heart, body, and soul. Your mom and even your absent dad, noticed your pain. They began to worry more as your first semester of college began to roll around. Mid-summer, you decided you wanted to move away from Nevada and wanted to pursue criminal profiling. When you weren't thinking of Spencer, you dreamt of working and profiling at the BAU in Virginia. Because of this, you are going to college near Quantico, Virginia. Nevada is forever tainted with Spencer, and it will never be the same to you again without Spencer. You are completely and utterly broken staying in Nevada.

"Y/N! There's a letter here for you." Your mom yelled from downstairs. You rolled out of your bed, and trudged through the mountains of clothes that lay on your depression room floor. Glass and pictures frames are destroyed and scattered throughout your room from the many drunken rages you experienced.

"A letter?" You inquire. "Is it from my college?"

"No. It actually just has your name on it...no return address or name." She replies.

You grab the letter and thank her, and make your way back up to your room. You sit down on your bed and open the letter.

Dear Y/N,

First off, I would like to say I am sorry. For ignoring you these past few months and how harsh I was to you the last time we saw each other. I formally apologize for my actions.

I am moving away soon to go to college. I would like to see you one last time before I go, so we can leave on better terms.

Meet me at our spot on Tuesday at midnight.

-Spencer Reid

Shocked, you throw the letter across the room and start crying. The last thing your hurt heart was expecting was a letter from the man you love. But your secondary response is to check the date.

"Shit!" You exclaim. "Today is Tuesday..." Then, you look at the time and it is 10:30 already. "Fuck!" You scramble around the mess of your room to find clothes to wear. So many thoughts run through your head. Do I wear casual? Do I dress up? Do I do my makeup? Am I acting like I moved on? Or will I beg on my knees for us to get back together? You decide on a pair of leggings and an old sweatshirt that used to be Spencer's. You leave your hair down and do minimal makeup. By the time you are ready, it is 11:00. It takes about 30 minutes to get to your shared location from your house, so you decide it is best to leave now and be there a little early.