chapter 39

Authors note: I am sad to say that this is the last chapter of my book. :((

I will have an epilogue updated very soon and then another book to follow this one.

So guys I guess you liked the last chapter huh? Bet you are anxiously awaiting to see if Katniss and Cato survived... well your just have to read and see. This chapter is going to be loaded with awesome stuff!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

Haymitch pov

I watch desperately as Clove grabs Katniss holding an knife at her throat. Katniss's sponsors scream in fear as they watch Clove swing her arm back.

"Come on sweetheart! Come on!" I find myself yelling. I close my eyes as I see Clove pull her arm forward. Her target, katniss's neck. I hear the group behind me sigh with relief. Why? I open my eyes to see that Cato had pulled Katniss away and was now punching Clove.

"That's what I'm talking ! Wooooo!" I shouted. I see people staring at me funny.

" What you lookin at" I slur acting as if I was drunk. I really hope that Katniss and Cato win. With Peeta dying and all, I needed something good to come out of it. I walk over to the bar to get myself a drink. I see Cato punch Clove. She loses her balance and falls of the cornucopia. We cheer as the dogs go to attack her. I look at Katniss and Cato. They weren't looking to hot. Katniss was bleeding from a cut and Cato's leg wound reopened. Katniss shoots the last final arrow at Clove. Her cannon booms. We scream at the sound. Katniss and Cato won.

"Yay! I knew they would. But look at Katniss.... She's all gross and dirty! " Octavia whines.

"Yes, but if she wasn't, you'd be out of a job." Effie says. Octavia looks at her for a moment.

"Your right." She says her eyes growing bigger. "I'm glad she is.....dirty... " Then she runs off to prepared. I look back at the Tv. I see Katniss hug Cato. I smile. Maybe there is a future for Cato and Katniss. I hear Katniss scream. I turn back to the Tv. Cato fell off the cornucopia, the running towards Cato. She jumps off the cornucopia down to Cato , shooting at as many mutts as she could. Why weren't they taken out yet? I rush to the gamemakers quarters. I bang on the door. The knob rattles for a moment before opening.

"Can I help- "

"Why isn't Katniss and Cato out of the arena and are now VICTORS?!"

"I'm sorry sir but that's classified information. I'm sure they will be out shortly. If you would like to talk to my boss I'm sure if you leave me with a message he will return an answer to you in the next five days."

"Next five days? I need an answer now in the next five seconds before I give YOU a message."

"Why don't you go back and watch the games. I'm sure they will be out shortly. " And with that he closes the door.

"Why don't you go back and blah blah blah." I grumble. I see Katniss throw her self on top of Cato to protect him. I wince when Katniss screams in pain as the mutts gnaw at her back. Blood was every where. Why isn't she out yet! Her sponsor scream with her. Angry that she isn't out yet. She hardly breathing now. Her eyes now shut as her breathing slowed. Her eyes glass over just like Peeta's did. A cannon goes off. Her sponsers scream as the screen went blank.

I rush to the hospital. She couldn't have died. That wasn't her cannon. She didn't die. SHE CANNOT BE GONE! I see Cato entering on a gurney. But where was Katniss? I asked the doctors where she was but they gave me the sad look and shook their heads no. That was the doctors way of saying she didn't make it. But she can't be dead! They were supposed to come out as soon as clove died. They were supposed to come out together... alive! I went back to the gamemakers room banging on the door.