chapter 35 Peeta pov

This chapter is dedicated to ♥♥Maggielargess ♥♥ I'm glad you like my story enough to comment and ask for a dedication. Of course you can have one!!! I hope you like this chapter!!

Authors note: okay guys so you now get your Peeta pov, remember at 400 votes Cato pov. your not that far from 400 so vote!

★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★★

"I hate the feeling, you know that feeling you get when she's by you, or looked at you and you feel like no one else is in the room. You hope, wish, pray to God that she thinks about you in the same way. Yeah that's happened to me a lot but in the end I was always the one getting hurt. That's why I don't want to get close to her . Let her know I like her because the pain from a relationship is worse than getting hit by a car. You get hit by a car, you either heal or die. You get your heart broken... you never heal. Everyday you feel pain. When you see her and she still melts your heart and you know you shouldn't feel that way anymore but you can't help it." -Arianna, from my book, Surviving The full moon. (I had to change a few parts so it could fit into peetas pov )

"Katniss I'm coming with you." I say the girl of my dreams. I want her to be mine so badly. But Cato screwed me over, capturing her hard-to-get-heart. She looks at me very seriously.

"What are you- " I pressed my finger to her lips..The last thing I need is for her to talk me out of coming with her.

"I'm coming with you." I say again, firmly.

"No, your not. Your going to go back to sleep and pretend you never saw anything. " She starts to walk off in the direction of the cornucopia but I grab her arm and spin hee around to face me again. I can't let her go by herself. Expecially with that maniac, Clove, running around trying to hurt her.

"That's not possible. You made way to much noise falling out of a tree and I did see something so yeah I'm coming." I tell her. She smiles a little but covers it up quickly.

"I didn't "fall" out of a tree. I slipped. and your not coming. It's too dangerous! " Really? She is going to use this excuse for why I can't come?

"Then I should come because it's too dangerous. To protect you." I smirk as she takes a few moments to register that doesn't matter what she says she is going to lose this one.

"I don't need protection! Why do you guys think I need help? It's because I'm a girl right? A weak good for nothing girl am I right?"

Yeah she was definitely going to lose this argument. This was all just a little too easy.

"No, Katniss Not at all. But if I come with you it's better than going by yourself."

"Not true." She retorts.

"Okay your right, I shouldn't go with you, just wait a sec I'll wake up

Cato." I say walking towards Cato. I really hope that she chickens out before I really do have to wake up Cato.

"You wouldn't." She Exclaims.

"Test me." I say, smirking. I could tell she was pissed off at me but she turned walking in direction of where the cornucopia was again. I laugh and follow Her.

"So what do you think they are going to have for us? " I ask.

"I honestly don't care what they have for us." She tells Me. I for a bad feeling from what she had just said. Why wouldn't she care? That's the while reason why we were going, wasn't it?

"What do you mean? Isn't that why we are going to the cornucopia? " I ask. I was clueless on why we were going but Katniss seemed very determined. Angry if I might say.

"Maybe for you.... but I'm going to say a little hello to Clove." I was afraid of this.

"Katniss are you stupid? Like not okay up there? Did someone turn the light off upstairs in your head? Do you even know how stupid you just sounded? I'm sure why not go after the crazed maniac that's begging for you death... sounds totally fine and safe!" She rolls her eyes. I continue to try to talk her out of her plan as we wait for dawn to come at the cornucopia, but this time she wasn't backing down.

"I mean seriously Katniss are you crazy? Maybe I really should get Cato... " I say after a while.

"Sure go get Cato I would have already greeted Clove by then more than likely. " That shut me up.

"Okay so here's the plan. " She says after a hour of just pure silence.

"Katniss let's just get the bag and go!" I whisper.

"Fine. But listen to my plan. You run out there, grab the bags with 2, 5, 11, and 12on them and I'll stay here and guard."

" What? No! I'm not doing that!"

"Then I will!" She says.

"Fine I'll go." I see her ready her bow. She sees me looking at her and she gives me a nod. I was hoping for more like a kiss but I knew it would never happen. I run as fast as I can to the cornucopia. I grab the bags and run back to Katniss. She seemed very confused.

"Man, that....was.... easy." I stutter, bending over to catch my breath. My sides ache from the running. I fell like I'm going to fall over but I quickly recover myself so I don't look weak in front of Katniss.

"Yeah, that's what I'm afraid of. " I look around. I didn't see any other tributes going for bags. I frown knowing that something was going on.

"We should go." Katniss says to me. I nod . We turn around and continue to walk back towards camp. I hear a rustling sound in a bush. Katniss readies Her bow. Out hops a bunny. I laugh as Katniss sighs with relief.

"What? I thought it was Clove." She says with a shrug. I continue to walk. Out of no where I feel a knife at my throat.

"Say one word and he-"she nods over to thresh who I see behind a tree watching Katniss. " will kill her.

I hear Katniss yell for me. I desperately want answer back but I can't. I see Katniss run out of the bushes. I see that she is shocked to see Clove on top of me.

"Just one little kiss Peeta. Just to show fire girl she doesn't have every one." Clove says leaning down. She kisses me. I didn't want to betray Katniss so I didn't move his lips or anything. My eyes were open, looking for katniss. I felt guilty. All of a sudden Clove slaps me hard on the face.

"You didn't prove that you wanted to stay alive so..." Clove raises the knife. I see thresh grab hold of Katniss so she couldn't help me. I didn't like the way Thresh was holding her or how he looked at her. He licked his lips breathing down on Katniss's neck. She shivered. You don't know how much I have always wanted to do that. Make her shiver when I breathed down her neck. I'm going to die and this guy got to do wanted to do for years, he did it in minutes.

"NO! " Katniss screams. Clove looks up at her, smirking. I was going to die.

"Katniss I'm sorry, I love you." I tell her. She looks at me. I see her fighting against Thresh.

"Don't kill him Clove!" Clove laughs, letting the knife go down into my throat. My family, My friends, My life, My Katniss all flash in my head. I hear Katniss scream. I prayed they didn't hurt her. I let the darkness consume me.

Authors note: 12 more votes =Cato pov