chapter 17 clove pov.

Authors note: Okay so I promised you guys that once I hit 40 votes I would give you a clove pov. So I log on today and see 51 votes! You guys are just too amazing!! ;))

Well here it is! A pov from clove!!

Enjoy! :)))

What happened to my friend? Katniss was changing him. He seemed to never be around anymore. Always with her. Why was he so crazy over her? She was just some poor girl from the seam. He was my friend first. He fell in love with the wrong girl. He was mine.

“You need to win." My stylist, Avron, says to me.

“That’s the plan." I say shoving on my boots. We had about an hour left before the games start. I put my favorite knife in my boot. You’re not supposed to bring in stuff, that didn't stop me. I needed to figure out Katniss's strengths. Getting an eleven was no joking matter. When Cato isn't paying attention or there is opportunity for me to get her alone, I would and finish her off there. I'll wait for the cannon to go off and run to Cato. I'd tell him we were blindsided and someone ummm, Thresh, killed her. I may even put a cut on my face or arms making it look like I had tried to help her. Cato would then want revenge on Thresh and kill him. Taking out that problem. If Marble or Glimmer are still alive by this point I'll just kill them in their sleeping. Wake up Cato and say we were being ambushed. We would kill the last couple of tributes and it would just be Cato and me left. He won't have his head right and I would tell him everything I did and how I felt about him and then my favorite knife will Pierce his heart. This plan seemed perfect, just doing it would be hard. I honestly didn't want to hurt Cato, but since he loves her instead of me, I don't want my plan to be any different.

"Stick with Cato and the other careers. Don't do anything stupid." Avron says putting emphasis on stupid. Had I said my plan aloud? I wonder, even though I knew I didn’t.

"TEN MINUTES" a lady said. TEN minutes? Didn't we just have an hour or was I so deep in thought I lost track of time.

"Good Luck. I'll be watching." Avron says leaving the room. Careers may have better chances of winning but I was damn sure that the other Districts had better mentors and stylist that would stay till the very last second. I honestly wish he had stayed with me. I wanted someone here to see me off. But I wouldn't get that.

"FIVE MINUTES" She says. She sounded excited. It's sick really. I sauntered over to the glass compartment that would raise me into the arena. I took a few deep breathes and did a few quick stretches.

"TRIBUTES ENTER THE LIFT YOU HAVE THIRTY SECONDS." The glass doors closed behind me. I was slowly lifted into the arena. There was a slight breeze making hair blow with the wonder. They make us stand for one minute. The countdown had started. I look over at Cato. I see him give Katniss a quick smile before giving a cold stare at the rest of the tributes. At me. Not a smart move Cato. I thought. I listen to see how many seconds left. 25 and counting. This was excruciating. I look back over at Cato. I see him nod at Katniss and I see her look over at the cornucopia. She obviously found what she needed. Just what was it? I saw a sword. But I remembered Cato teaching her how to use it. I knew she was pretty good with knives, not as good as me but she saved her strength for the game makers. I was about to give up when my eyes land on the silver bow. That was something new. Was that her strength? I look over at them again o can see Cato telling her that he would get the bow. I decided that is what she needed. I could probably throw a knive, kill her and Dodge her arrow. She didn't deserve an eleven.

"10"

"9" This is what I had been training for my whole life. Born to kill.

"8" I balance on the balls of my feet. Cato and I had a plan for the blood bath use whatever we could grab and take out as many tributes as we could. I positioned myself to run as soon as he reaches one.

"7"

"6"

"5" I grin at the other tributes, trying to physic them out. It worked on a few. I look back at the cornucopia.

"4"

"3"

"2"

"1"

I fly off my platform towards the cornucopia. I don't even look back. It was a quick run to the cornucopia. I see knives just lying there I grab one find my nearest target. I pull my arms back and snap it forward, knowing that it hit. I grab another one and ready myself for the next target.

Authors Note: so how was this?? I liked this one a lot. Okay so once I hit 60 votes I'll put a CATO pov and at 70 votes will be another clove pov!!!