Chapter 1

Haymitch came out of his bedroom after a night of non-stop drinking.

"Great set of tributes we have here. A girl that can kill just by scowling at you and a boy who seems as tough as a kitten" He slurs. I look up at him, is he serious? Does he even understand the fact that we aren't in a joking mood?

“All I want is to survive these games and I don't need YOUR pathetic jokes." I growl to him, emphasising Your.

"Yeah! Kittens may seem cute but they are tough! Matter of fact one attacked me last week and he stretched my arm!" Peeta stated, trying to lighten the mood. He cracked a smile and looked over to my to see my reaction.

"I'm here with a bunch of idiots" I mumbled to myself, rubbing my temple.

"Boy, Peeta that could keep you alive! Playing the weak baker's son who gets beat up by kittens!" Haymitch says, his face lighting up. I had almost laughed at Peeta's face. His eyes widened and his lip fell.

“I was kidding." Peeta moans.

"Hmmmm. Dang. I was hoping we could have used that." Haymitch says sadly, pouring a glass of some type of alcohol.

"I bet you were." Peeta mutters. Haymitch grins, stubling to his chair. He slams down into the chair, making it slide back into the wall and his glass spills on him. He groans and throws the glass on the ground. He stands back up and walks down the hall, I assumed into his room or in the bathroom. The sliding door, seperating this room from what I take as the dinning room by the looks of all the food on the table, opens. Effie steps into the room.

"What's going on out here?" She scans the room seeing the spilled glass.

"Just because you guys are from District 12 doesn't mean you have to live up to the name and be messy children. Now come with me, it's time to eat!" She squeals. From that point I knew Effie and I were going to butt heads.