chapter 18

Authors note: sorry I didn't update soon.. my phone wanted to play hide and seek :/ . I know it 70 votes so that means I owe you guys a Cato and clove pov but before my phone dissappered I had already started writing this one so Cato will have a pov next chapter and clove the one after that.

p.s... She didn't ask for a dedication but she deserves it!!! THANK YOU Peace_keeper!! I love reading your comments! They make me wanna do a chapter every hour so I can see what you say next hahahaha. :) This chapter was dedicated to

♥♥ @peace_keeper ♥♥

Enjoy :)

I was running full speed into the woods. Cato told me to stay close but unseen, so when the bloodbath was over I could join the others.

"Please don't kill me!" I hear a girl beg. I was in a bush, so I couldn't see so I grabbed a branch and pushed it down. I see Cato smirking as the girl is on her knees crying for him not to kill her. Cato lifts the sword and thrusts downward. I turned away so I didn't have to see it. It was to much to take in. Cato looked like he was enjoying the fact that he was murdering people. I honestly couldn't help but be angry with him. What if Peeta was right...? what if he was lying to me so he could just kill me in the end. I look back and he cleans the blood off the sword. Then a boy, probably 12, his first Hunger games year grabs a backpack from the cornucopia.

"CATO! " clove shouts to him, trying to get his attention. "That kid stole from us!" stole? Since when was it all ours? Cato looks over and sees the kid. Cato gets his hands on both sides of the kid's head and twist it as fast as he could. You could hear the snapping noise from all the way over here. I felt like I was going to vomit. Why did I think this was a good idea, joining the careers if even the sight of the slightest bit of human blood made me dizzy? That was why I couldn't help my mom when she had patients with blood revealed because I would either vomit or collapse and then she has two people she is caring for. But i just wonder how he could he do that with such... ease?

"Katniss?" he calls to me scanning the bush. I didn't want to come out, I was to afraid of what I might see. I wanted to run. Find water. Put its soothing coolness on my face and think about somethings by myself. So when Cato wasn't looking I dashed farther into the woods were I heard water from a river. I place my hand in it and scoop it up onto my face. I was about done when I heard a twig snap. My head immediately turns to the noise. It was a boy from District 5 and he had a spear aimed directly at me. I sucked in a deep breath. I'm sorry Prim I think as I wait for the spear to Pierce me. I had no weapons or I would have tried to fight him. He pulls back the spear,getting ready to throw..I close my eyes. I hadn't even made it to the second day. You know how they say when your about to die that you life flashes before your eyes? Well I was only get fragments. Hunting with Gale, feeding that rotten cat, buttercup, yelling at my mom, telling her to come back to us, my father and I hunting and singing together. I wasn't ready to die. Not even close. Gale, Prim my mother, madge, the woods... i would never see them again. I shouldn't have left Cato because I made the dumb mistake of leaving him and this is where it brought me....certain death.

" Wait Sean, not her!" I hear a voice call. I open my eyes. The boy "Sean" lowered the spear. I looked for who just spared my life. Her small frame comes out from behind the trees. It was the little girl from 11...Rue... i owed her my life.

Authors note: okay so next chapter will be Cato pov. I hope you enjoyed this one.