Chapter 27

~~~~

Previously...

It was time for Peter's first drop off of the information for the Avengers. The teen was wearing platform shoes, as to not give away his height, as well as a long coat and dark clothing. People had been giving him some rather odd looks, but he didn't really care.

Peter walked up to the secret Shield hideout and slipped the file under the bolted door. He then walks away, unaware of the flashing security camera that was following his every move, with a certain pair of Shield scientists watching.

~~~~

"Play it again," a man with grey hair says, his eyes trained on the screen.

"Sir, it wont change from the last three times we've watched it," a women with a British accent informs him, with a sigh.

"Well, what've we got, Skye?" the man asks, rubbing his temples.

The brunette lady, Skye, who had been controlling the screen pulls up a file and says, "From what we can see this is a person in a hood. That's... everything we know. It's clear they know exactly what they're doing, and they must have some sort of access into SHIELD files to be able to see where the base is."

"Simmonds and myself have analysed the note they sent us for any trace of DNA," a young male starts, before the British women completes the statement. 

"But we found nothing, sir. They must have thought everything through, even to the minor details. They don't want to be found."

"No one can stay hidden forever," the first man states, crossing his arms.

~~~~

It had been two months since the mystery person, who they named 'The Ghost' had given SHIELD the first note about 'the future'. Every time The Ghost got there, he only just managed to escape before the agents could come out to catch them, seemingly vanishing into thin air.

But, they had a plan. They had planted some of their agents in the nearby café so they could follow after The Ghost. They had written down the schedule of when The Ghost would appear, so they knew when they'd arrive to deliver the next note.

It was exactly 4pm on the dot that The Ghost appeared, slipping the note under the base's door. The agents conspicuously watched from the tables, over their cups of coffee. As they watched The Ghost slip into the crowd, two of the agents walked after them, the other two staying at the café to watch from afar.

After tailing them for ten minutes, the two agents spot them duck into an alley way. Quietly following them, the two brunette female agents watch as The Ghost takes off their black outfit to reveal a scruffy aqua blue hoodie with blue jeans.

"Another one down, only three more to go," came the voice of The Ghost, seemingly talking to themself. They had a feminine like voice, but their voice cracked slightly indicating that they were teenager, possibly male. "I should get back before Aaron gets worried*

The two agents look at each other, unsure of whether they should engage or not, before one of them breaks off, slowly approaching the teen. Once they are behind them, they gently place a hand on their shoulder.

The teen jumps and quickly turns around, their eyes wide. The two agents take in their appearance, their doe brown eyes and hazel hair. The teens eyes dash between the two, before settling on the agent that still had her hand on his shoulder.

"H-how did you do that?" he asks, his voice shaking slightly.

The two agents look confused, before the furthest one away asks, in their British accent, "Do what?"

"Sneak up on me without setting my senses off?" the teen responds. "Unless, you're no danger, but then, why sneak up on me?"

"You're inhuman too?" the closest ones asked, shocked slightly.

The teen furrows their eyebrows and responds, "What the bloody hell is an 'inhuman'?"

~~~~~

A/N: OMG GUYS, LOOK! I FINALLY UPDATED!!

I'm so sorry it took so long TwT
I hope this chapter doesn't suck too much-

Anyway, I'm gonna try and start sticking to my schedule again, so... Hopefully see you Friday!!