Chapter 22

Warning: Mentions of injuries, minor swearing, homophobia/transphobia

~~~~

It was the day after Natasha had found out Peter's identity and you would have thought that would have been the most stressful time after waking up from his coma, but it was not. 

"That asshole," Aaron growls, pulling some glass out of Peter's bloodied side, making the teen wince.

'He's not an-' Peter starts writing, but gets interrupted by his own yelp of pain. The spider ignored the comment Aaron mumbled under his breath about how, 'I thought you were supposed to have super strength'. '-ass, Aaron. He just doesn't understand... We just have to give him time.'

Aaron stops what he's doing and slams his equipment down on the table, startling Peter slightly. He turns around to look at the man, who was shaking, tears welling up in his eyes.

"What he did, to you, wasn't right, Peter," Aaron starts, tears sliding down his face. He looks up at him, a sombre look in his eyes as he continues, "And now he's taken Miles, and who knows what he might do to him..."

~~~~

Five hours ago

Peter awoke to sunlight seeming in through his eyelids and a pressure on both sides of his body. He quietly groans as he opens his eyes, the light making him squint as he did so.

He then looked down to his chest and saw Miles' and Aaron's heads resting there, and a smile creeps onto his face. He was happy to finally have a family again.

Miles then yawns and stretches, presumable waking up from Peter's movements. Once the child realised where he was, he looked up at the brunet and grinned brightly. The dark skinned boy then got off him and managed to get the teen away from his Uncle's clutches, before rushing them into the bathroom, quietly giggling as they did.

Four hours ago

Aaron woke up in a cold bed. He rubs his eyes and looks around the room in confusion, before he hears the sound of the tv in the other room. The man chuckles and rolls his eyes, climbing out of the large bed and leaving the room, after running a hand through his hair.

When he walked into the living room, he couldn't help but smile at the sight. Two plates- which seemed to be what looked like remains of pancakes on them- were stacked on the coffee table, while Miles was sat on Peter's lap. There was a fluffy blanket wrapped around the two of them, both had Xbox controllers in their hands, playing a game of Miles' choosing.

Aaron clears his throat, causing Miles to jump, but Peter to simply wave- as his spider sense had told him Aaron was there- and sneakily win the game- which did not go down with Miles.

Aaron jumps over the sofa and grabs the spare controller before saying, "Alright, bozos. Time for me to win."

"No way!" Miles exclaims, looking at the screen determinedly as it started, while Peter smirked at Aaron and started playing.

Two hours ago

After two hours of playing games on the Xbox, Miles finally decided he was bored, so the teen suggested about cooking something.

The three managed to find all the ingredients for chocolate cookies in the apartment, and had them all lining the kitchen sides.

Peter had also found an apron, which he had placed on Miles. As it had 'kiss the chef' on it, Peter smirked at the boy. Miles realised what was happening and started running away, giggling, with peter chasing after him.