Chapter 1

Peter walks through his front door, closing it quietly, in case his foster parents were home. Thankfully, his Spider senses weren't going off, so he knew they weren't home.

He smiles slightly and sighs with relief. He then walks up the stairs and towards his 'room'.

He opened the door and looked into the closet like room. He places his bag down on the mucky floor, which was beside his bedding, that was on the floor and very flat, like usual.

He sits down on the bedding and starts pulling his homework out of his bag. He starts to do the Science homework, that Peter found easy and easily finished in an hour.

Just as he was about to put his homework away, he felt the vibration of his phone from his thigh, trouser pocket.

He pulls it out and looks down at the message from the unknown number.

~~~~

??
Brother
I have contacted you through this puny devise, as you wished.

Peter
Uhm
I'm not your brother...

??
What do you mean?
Did you steal my brothers number?

Peter
What? No!
That isn't even possible!

??
I am sorry for causing you distress, and for messaging you incorrectly.

Peter
It's alright, mr/ms/mx!

??
Mx?
I know the othe two, but what does that last one mean?

Peter
Oh!
It's a formal way to address someone who doesn't have a gender.

??
You have that?
Well, well. You are advanced.

Peter
I'm sorry? Advanced how?
...
Hello?

~~~~

Peter looks at his phone and he sighs, seeing that the person on the other side of the messages wasn't going to answer anytime soon.

He then hears the sound of the front door slamming. His spidey senses start tingling and he knows what's coming. He whimpers slightly when he hears the footsteps looming towards his door.