Chapter 24

Searing pain rushes through Peter's head, and he stumbles backwards. He coughs a few times and holds his head, trying to figure out what had just happened.

"Did you like my little device I got from Tinkerer, Spider-Man?" Hobgoblin questions with a demonic chuckle.

"W-what was that?" Peter questions, his hands shaking from the experience. He had recently made a code for his suit that allowed it to lip read him, so that he could talk as Spider-Man.

"You just saw the future, boy," the rip-off Green Goblin says with a smirk on his face. "And I'm sure by the look on your face it will be delightful."

~~~~

Peter couldn't get the images of the 'future' he saw during the fight with Hobgoblin. He didn't want that to happen, not to his friends.

Peter knew he'd have to find a way to stop that future, and he knew just the guy to go to.

~~~~

The spiderling walks up the steps towards the big doors. He collects himself before he knocks three times on the wooden doors.

The doors swing open to reveal a middle aged man with a goatee and a frown on his face.

The man looks at him dead in the eyes, and he says with a straight face, "I told you never to come back here, Spider-Man."

'I know, and I'm sorry,' Peter writes after scrambling for his notepaf. 'But I-'

The man rolls his eyes and he says, "There's always a reason with you, isn't there?" Peter goes to respond, but he cuts him off, continuing, "So let me give you a reason, Parker. I don't want you anywhere near here, because you bring trouble and death where ever you go."

Peter stiffens at the comment, his eyes widening and watering slightly. He then hardens his expression, and writes, 'Then help me stop innocent people dying, because of me.'

The two stare at each other before the man sighs and let's the teen in. The teen smiles and walks in.

Once he enters, the two are teleported into the living room, making Peter stumble. The man rolls his eyes and sits down, his cloak floating over to him and landing on his shoulders.

Peter sits down in front of him and the man says, "Alright then, explain."

'Stephen, you're the only one that can help me,' Peter starts, which gains the sorcerers interest.

Peter then explains everything about the fight and what he saw in the 'future'. After finishing, Stephen nods stands up and starts walking away.

Peter quickly scrambles to his feet and follows after the man. They meet up with a slightly younger man- who Peter finds out is called Wong- as they walk towards a certain room.

Once they arrive, Stephen looks at Wong who nods and then stands opposite.

Stephen said to the teen, "Stand behind me." Peter nods and does as instructed.

The two sorcerers then begin to cast a spell, and Peter pokes his head out from behind Stephen to watch.

A blinding light- especially for Peter's enhanced eyesight- fills the room, which makes Peter hide back behind Stephen and cover his eyes with his hands.

Once it disappeared, the teen slowly removes them and blinks, trying to be able to see properly again.

As he did so, he heard a familiar, booming voice call out, "Where are we? Wait, sorcerer? Was it you who brought us here?"

There was a mumbles from another very familiar voice, before Stephen says, "Unfortunately, yes. Even though I really do not want your brother in my sanctum, I have called you here to ask for your help."

Finally being able to see again, Peter notices there were two people stood in front of Stephen, but he was unable to see who, due to the man's body being in the way.

"Well, what do you need?" the booming voice asks.

Stephen looks behind him at Peter and roughly pushed him towards the two people as he says, "Meet Spider-Man. He needs out help."

"Peter?" the two exclaim, from in front of him.

Peter looks up and he gulps when he sees who it was.

Thor was staring at the teen with a horrified look, seemingly because he had realised what his friends had done to the teen before him, that they all knew and loved.

Loki was seething with anger, mostly at the Avengers for harming his beloved, but also at the brunet, for not telling him.

"It seems you already know our vigilante friend," Stephen states. He then smirks and adds, "Although, it doesn't seem like you knew he was Spider-Man."

Peter looks away from the two, before he takes the notebooks back out and writes down from them, 'I'm sorry I didn't tell you, but now is not the time. We have work to do.'

Loki, with a displeased look on his face, replies, "And what is going to happen if we don't help?"

'Hundreds of innocent lives will be lost,all because of my recklessness.'

~~~~

A/N: Sorry for it being so late! I hope you enjoyed it though!

And yes, it did take me half an hour to find the right (cannon) Spider-Man villains for the beginning of this chapter.