Chapter 28

Previously

"H-how did you do that?" he asks, his voice shaking slightly.

The two agents look confused, before the furthest one away asks, in their British accent, "Do what?"

"Sneak up on me without setting my senses off?" the teen responds. "Unless, you're no danger, but then, why sneak up on me?"

"You're inhuman too?" the closest ones asked, shocked slightly.

The teen furrows their eyebrows and responds, "What the bloody hell is an 'inhuman'?"

~~~~

Daisy and Simmonds walk into the base towards the meeting room. As they enter, the rest of the team look up at them.

"Find anything out about The Ghost?" Coulson asks.

"Kind of..." Daisy states, before stepping to the side to reveal a teen with messy brown hair. Everyone stares at the boy, confused on who this seemingly random kid was.

The teen looks at Simmonds and asks quietly, "What's 'The Ghost'?"

"That's what we've been calling someone who's been giving us clues to something," Mack replies, not giving much away.

Peter, understanding what he meant, straightens slightly and says, "Oh! That would be me then."

After multiple minutes of silence, Fitz quickly remarks, "I'm sorry, what?"

"Oh, I should probably explain some stuff," Peter replies, chuckling slightly as he rubs the back of his neck nervously. "You guys might wanna sit down for all of this tough. It's quite a long and weird story."

Before anyone can decline, Daisy says, "From what I've heard from the kid as we were walking here, you'll want to sit down."

The team all move to sit in the seating in the seating room, May watching the teen with a cautious eye, before finally sitting on the chair closest to him.

"Okay, so hi, I'm Peter Parker," the teen starts, waving at the SHIELD agents. "And I'm from the future to warn you of... well, the futures future."

"So you're saying you're from the future?" May questions, her face straight like usual.

"Wait, did you say Parker? As in Mary and Richard Parker?" Coulson questions quietly.

Peter's head snaps to look at Coulson, his eyes wide. His body was shaking slightly, having no heard those names for years. "How do you know my parents names?"

"We used to work together years back. I am so sorry for your loss."

Peter smiles slightly, "It's okay, it was years back, but thank you. It's nice to meet someone who knew them."

"Sorry, continue," Coulson mutters.

"Right. So I'm the vigilante known as Spiderman, and in the future SHIELD, well, Fury sees me as a possible threat. He tries to get agents to find out my secret identity, but I decline and web up the teams, safely so they aren't harmed. 

"After a few months, the Avengers are called in. After three or four attempts at trying to ask for my identity, they resort to elimination. Luckily I did not die, but that was only due to the help of Aaron Davis. Turns out I had recently found out that I had been messaging the Avengers and becoming friends with them as Peter Parker, not knowing who they were, and started dating the reformed Loki (sorry about him killing you when he was under mind control, by the way, Mister Coulson sir). I was in a coma for a few weeks then I couldn't speak, then I fought a villain who showed me the future. 

"This is the part that you need to listen to intently. The future showed millions of people dying and it was supposedly my fault. Spiderman was dead, along with many of my friends and the last of my family. I have no idea what happened to the Avengers and why they never helped, but millions of people died during what I assume was an attack on the city. The news was saying if it wasn't for Spiderman, millions more would have died. And I don't want that to happen. So I went to Steven Strange and he sent me back in time to fix this (which I'm pretty sure goes against everything he stands for, but hay-ho). And then you know the rest..."

Silence. Deafening silence. 

Peter gulps and nervously rubs his arm, his eyes darting between the people sat before him. He clenches his jaw, a nervous ticking sound going off in his head. He couldn't feel his spider sense going off, so he at least knew he wasn't going to be attacked, at least not yet.

Coulson stands up from his seat and walks towards the teen, causing him to flinch slightly, his throat closing up. Once the elder of the two is in front of the boy, he envelops him in a hug, causing Peter to freeze at the fatherly touch.

After a second, Peter's eyes water and he quickly moves to hug the man back, sobbing quietly into the mans shoulder as the other shushes him softly. Slowly, each of the team members join in on the hug, all needing to help comfort the boy they had just met. Even May joined, although she would later deny it to anyone, bar Peter. She couldn't deny Peter. Damn, that boy was making her soft.

~~~~

A/N: I am sorry I didn't update on Friday! I'll try and update on time this week!!

I hope this was good and wasn't too boring of a chapter. I mostly needed to get most of that out of the way so it can have more storyline again. 

I hope you all liked the slight humour and they the soft ending!