Chapter 35 - Finale

The picnic was delightful, Peter hadn't expected the food to be so nice. Loki had explained to their boyfriend that they'd spent all of their free time making the food for the three of them, so Peter was especially thankful to his partner.

Miles and Peter had eaten the majority of the food, Loki only having a bit, as he'd already had some bits and pieces as he was bringing the picnic over. After they'd all finished eating, Mile got to his feet and tagged Peter, before sprinting away, to which peter gasps dramatically and chases after him; making sure he wasn't going too fast that he'd easily catch up with the boy.

Loki watches the two, a bright smile on their face. he was really glad that Peter was happy and settling down a little, not having to be Spider-Man at every opportunity he got. It made Loki feel like he was maturing, which was good, because he wanted to be able to leave Peter alone without worrying themselves half to death about his health.

As Loki was thinking, they hadn't spotted the brunet sneaking up behind him. Peter tags them, making them jump in surprise, before playfully glaring at him. Peter giggles, before he starts to run away, before squealing with a smile as he was picked up by the deity and tickled. "You think you could beat me, darling?" they teased, tickling Peter more when he laughed out a 'noooo'.

Miles watched and laughed, before he too was picked up by Loki, who says, "Oh? What's so funny, hm?" Miles laughs and gently hits Loki to try and 'escape'; he didn't want to hurt the deity, as he truly saw him as family and someone he adored.

After a few more minutes, Loki stops tickling them both and set them on their feet. Peter and Miles cling onto each other as they try to stop laughing, Peter having to wipe away tears of laughter from his eyes. He then widely grins at his partner, who was looking at him as if he were the sun, lighting up his world.

After another half an hour of games and talking, Loki realises the time. "Ah, it seems like it's time for me to bring Mr. Morales back home," they hum, smiling at the boy in question. Miles pouts and mumbles how he didn't want to go, but Peter just gently laugh and smiles at him.

"It's okay, we can meet up again soon, alright?" he explains, kissing his fake-brother's head. Miles sighs and nods, before standing up and taking Loki's hand. The deity looks at his partner and waves goodbye, before walking off with the younger boy.

Peter smiles as he watches them, before starting to pack away the picnic. He didn't want to make his partner do all of the work, so he wanted to at least help with this.

Halfway through, he saw a pair of shiny brown shoes in front of him. Assuming it was Loki, he hums, "Sorry love, I'm almost done. We can head home then," he explains, putting the last of the plates in the basket.

"I'm sorry, Mr. Parker, but I'm not your 'love'," a slightly gravelly voice replies. Peter furrows his eyebrows as he looks up. Stood over him was the man he'd seen earlier, wearing the brown suit and black pencil tie. 

Peter stands up and looks at him suspiciously. "I'm sorry, but do I know you?" 

The grey haired man chuckles and shakes his head, "No, we've never met before. But, I need you to come with me." Peter snorts at the man, raising an eyebrow at him, not believing he was seriously saying that to him.

"I'm sorry, are you dumb?" he asks, his eyebrow still raised. "Why would I follow someone I don't know, who apparently knows my name?"

"Well, I'd recommend coming with me, so we don't have to use force," the man says, shrugging his shoulders, before walking towards what seemed to be an orange door frame. Out the corner of his eye, Peter notices a few people around the area that were obviously waiting to see what happened. They were all wearing black armoured suits with three orange letters on their chests. 'TVA'.

Peter looks at the man. He then starts to walking with him, asking, "Answer me this first, who are you and why do you want me?"

"My name is Mobius," the man explains, a small smile on his face. "And I need your help with a small situation I have. Plus, you're a variant, so I have to take you in anyway."

Before Peter could ask any questions, Mobius grabs his arm and pulls the both of them through the doorframe, before it shuts behind them.

One of the people in the armour then puts down a black device, it beeping as if it were a bomb. Loki then walks back to where the picnic was and saw it was all packed up, but Peter wasn't there. Seeing the bomb like device and then people in armous, his face turns serious and he glares at them. "Who are you and where is my boyfriend?" he growls, summoning some daggers.

Before anything else could happen, the 'bomb' then goes off and slowly starts to change it's surroundings into nothing, turning into orange dust. Loki's eyes widen and he steps back from it, unable to see them armoured people going through the orange doorways; leaving that universe to be pruned.

~~~~~

A/N: Hello everyone, thank you so much for reading this book!

That's a wrap, this book is fully completed now! I never thought the day would come! I can't believe this took me over two years to write. I started in May 2020, and now I'm finishing in June 2022.

I've had so much fun writing this story, and it's lovely to see everyone interacting with it. I hope you enjoyed this book as much as I enjoyed writing it!

And yes, ever since the Loki series came out; the ending was always going to be this.

Who said all stories have a happy ending?