Chapter 13

"Ava?" James exclaimed. As the scene was horrific and unbelievable, it turned out that James had changed a lot since the last time he saw Ava. "Hi, James! Um.... Can we talk outside the hospital please?" He nodded to her. They were walking together to outside. "So, what a surprise! I'm speechless and astonished to see you after a long time. I mean, you've changed a lot!" Ava laughed. She was pretty perplexed and she was losing focus already. "Yeah! You changed, too. You look more beautiful.."! His voice turned quieter a bit. The tension between them was very high and Ava was looking sideways, so as Damon wouldn't see her with James. She hated making drama, especially when it involved Damon or Maximilian.
    "What's wrong? Is everything ok?"
"No, not really. Um... Can I have your phone number? I want to contact you, so we can meet up sometime because now it's not the right time to talk. I've to go. Sorry." Ava had left before she saw James's stunned reaction, but she took the phone number. He couldn't believe his ears about how possibly they had met for 5 minutes and Ava had already run away. He shrugged his shoulders and went back to the hospital.
   ********************Flashback**********************
    "My name is James Fire and this is my story."
"Since I was young, I always loved spending time with Ava Williams. She was my friend and I didn't make many friends when I was kid because I was introvert and I still am. I love different types of songs and I'm a bookworm. Ava used to visit me in my house and sometimes, she would sleep over. I was already falling for her hard, but I didn't know at that time what it was like to love. I respected her and the boundaries she made with me. I understood her insecurities about guys who would hunt her down and try to bully her. Suddenly, my dad died because of blood cancer and my mother and I had to move. I couldn't even say goodbye to her and I guess that feeling was mutual as she couldn't say goodbye, either. I tried to make friends, but I failed miserably.
      I felt that I was going to be alone for the rest of my life. Mom is everything, but I know one day, she will join Dad. I'm a pessimist and I tried to look at the bright side whenever things go down in a spiral way, but nothing improves. Sometimes, I look out at the stars and imagine what it would be like to feel normal. I wasn't like the other guys who would date girls, drink or have sex. I learned a lot from Ava's boundaries and taught me a lot. I wanted to be a respectable man and decent. I always fantasized how or when I would meet Ava again. She means something to me. Although mom's health is really getting worse and worse, I try to read her favorite books, so she would feel better, but I know the pain will never be the same as the comfort of a favorite book. When I saw her, everything has changed."
     *************************************************
"WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH YOU?!!! WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!!!" Ava screamed at the top of her lungs when she found Maximilian waiting at the front door, siting on a chair with crossed legs. He smirked at her screaming. "Relax, sweetheart. I came to tell you that it's my birthday and I wanted you to be in my party."
  "And why the hell would I want to be there?!"
"Because, otherwise, Someone is going to pay the price, love. You have two days to decide. I will be waiting for you." Maximilian left with a devilish grin on his face. Ava sighed, in anger and sadness. She already had enough and she knew he wanted her to kneel down and beg for his forgiveness. While She was trying to open the door, she felt someone was behind. She turned around quickly anf found Damon, having a busted face and tears filling his eyes. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry for everything. Please promise me that whatever happens, you will still love me."
  "What happened?"
"I killed ....."
"WHO, DAMON?!!"
    "I killed Maximilian's father."