Chapter 3

"Maximilian, I can't decide now. It's too early for me to choose."
"Well, I guess you're just not going to see me anymore. Yale is my dream since forever and I believe that I will be better off there."
"Max, it's just..."
What?"
"I don't know, really. I've been confused lately, with Damon coming back and all."
"Why do you care about Damon?"
"Well I guess I'm terrified that he would do anything to hurt me again."
"He can't hurt you because I'm here."
"You were there last year and look what happened to me."
"I need to go." Maximilian left her room and Ava started crying. She was hopeless. She couldn't decide who would be with her. She grabbed a tissue and removed her tears. She took her bag and went to school without saying a word to her parents, whatsoever they just didn't care.
  Ava walked through the school gates. She kept walking until she hit Damon without noticing. She kept on walking, but Damon ran after her until they were face-to-face with each other. She couldn't look into his eyes.
  "What's up, Ava? I've been texting you for days, but I got no response. What happened?"
  "Nothing much, except the fact that I should choose either Maximilian and Yale or Harvard University."
   "Go to Harvard, obviously. If you choose Yale, I don't know, but it's not a good idea. You're not even sure that you really want it or not."
   "Look, Damon. I will just ask you one question and answer me with honesty, ok?"
   "Ok.."
   "Do you care about me or not?"
   "Hell yeah I do and I can give you what you need the time you need it."
   "Damon, you just say that, but what happened last year was totally different. What you did to me was the worst feeling I had ever felt."
   "I came to school to make it up for you. I came here to help you with everything."
   "Damon, I..."
  "I won't hear another word from you. Just let me get close enough and I will make sure I will make you the happiest person on Earth."
   "Prove it."
   "Fine! I will do it."
        Then Damon and Ava shook their hands. However, they never knew what was going to hit them.