Chapter 9

"For starters, I'm so sorry for what I did to your daughter. You have every right for protecting her from me. I want her to do her best for achieving her dreams."

"Well, if you know really what's best for my daughter, you will leave her alone. You're pretty a distraction to her already. She needs to go to Yale." Mia said, darkly.

"Look, I like your daughter very much and I just can't stay away from her that easy. I care about her and I will do whatever it takes to gain her full trust. I need yours and Mr. Richard's, too." Mia tapped her chin for a moment. "I will think about it. Just don't mess with her, again. If you mess things with her, there will be consequences to your actions. Be careful with what you do." Damon nodded, silently.

Ava went downstairs already and she was surprised that her mother didn't slap Damon or even touch him. She gave her mother a small smile. Damon looked deeply into Ava's eyes and gave her a wink. Richard was too quiet and he gave a neutral reaction to his daughter. She didn't know what her father was up to when it came to the friendship between Ava and Maximilian. "I need to get some rest, dear. I'll be waiting for you upstairs." Richard gave a glance at Mia. There will be some bad intentions between them both. "Well, it's pretty late already. I think you should go home and maybe talk to Ava next morning. What do you think?" Damon agreed and gave Ava a kiss on the cheek. After Damon left the house, he received a text from Richard. It said: 'If you don't stop seeing my daughter, I will tell her about the business going on with me and Maximilian's family that they wanted her get married to him as a part of the business. I'm pretty sure she will hate you even more than before.' Damon felt panic rising in his chest. He doesn't want her to know because his father was involved in the first place to make him and Ava a married couple as soon as they finish universities. "She mustn't know about this shit. She won't handle it this time and I will be in my worst state if she leaves me again."

Maximilian went to Damon's house in the next morning. He knocked on Damon's door. Damon opened it. "What's up, pal? What brought you here in this hour?" Damon asked in a cold tone. "I figured that we should talk about Ava since I was the one who ratted her out to her parents after all." Maximilian replied with a smirk. Damon looked hardly into his eyes and asked with a threatening tone, "Go to hell, Maximilian. We both know that she got sick of you and your attitudes." Maximilian stared at the floor and looked up at Damon. "Nah, she's not. I'm still texting her with the sweetest messages she could've ever read. Probably, I will enter her room and I will do things with her that she will forget you've even existed." Damon grabbed Maximilian by the collar of his shirt and hit his head hard on the door. "Fuck you, Maximilian! YOU DARE TO EVEN TOUCH HER AND I WILL END YOU. Do you want your future to be ruined? I would love to do that, but you must know, you will be the one who pushed me in the first place. GET OUT BEFORE I CALL THE GOD DAMN POLICE!!!!!"

Maximilian took off and Damon locked the door. He was panting and starting to panic. It was obvious that Maximilian won't give up till he had her and Damon felt sick every time he imagined them together. It was pure disgust. Damon texted Ava with a simple message. It said 'Hi'. He waited, but Ava didn't text back. Hours passed by already and there was no text. Damon got upstairs and entered his room. He shut the door hard and he was clutching his hair tightly. He can't give up on her, even if Maximilian went up to her to tell her the truth. She had become his lifeline. She brought the best in him to life. He knew it was messed up.

Damon grabbed black pants, black leather jacket and black boots. The clouds were starting to form. It will be a stormy night. Damon ran to Ava's room. He rang the doorbell. There were loud shouts coming upstairs. He went backwards and looked at Ava's room window. Suddenly, Ava opened the door and she closed it. Her face was flushed red and her eyes looked miserable red. The look was very depressing. She stared at Damon for a long time. Then, she ran into Damon, hugging him tightly. He was confused by her embrace. "We need to talk, but please, take me to your house." Damon kissed her head passionately. He nodded to her and took her to his house. While walking to his house, Damon received a threatening message from Maximilian. 'If you don't tell her to get close again with me, I will tell her about your father and the deal he offered.' Damon sucked on a breath. Ava noticed and she stopped walking. "What's wrong?" Ava asked in a curious way. "There's something we need to talk about, love." Ava nodded and Damon rubbed her hands intimately. He had to tell her, but what would he say first? They entered his house and Ava sat on the couch. Damon sat next to her. "Ava, there's something going on, but I need you to promise me that you won't give up on me." Ava nodded to him. "I promise you that I won't give up on you and PS: nothing could change the way I feel about you." Damon smiled weakly to her. "Ava, there was a deal with your father and Maximilian's father related to business. They wanted you and Maximilian to get married as a part of the deal." Damon looked into her eyes.

"WHAT?!!!!!!!!"