things to keep in mind

There are no rules for shifting.

You don't need to do everything everyone else does to shift. It may help, but you do not need it. Shifting is your own journey and it's your process, comparing yourself to everyone else is not going to help you and will only affect your process. if you want to make your own method, do it. if you just want to fall asleep and wake up in your dr, do it. It's your way. If you don't want to clean your room or have a shifting routine you don't have to. I personally just draw or watch videos to calm me down. (The videos I watch help me visualize my dr better sometimes) You don't have to lay in a starfish position to shift. None of these things effects your ability to shift.

You don't need to feel symptoms

This one I feel is important because shifting is your own unique experience, and you don't need to feel symptoms. You can just fall asleep after thinking about your dr and wake up in it. It's happened to many shifters!

Don't force yourself to be positive

Many people have shifted when they were upset or in a bad mood. Pushing that emotion away and forcing yourself to be happy will end up building all frustration in your body making you frustrated. It's ok to not have good days and not feel motivated. I have days when I don't feel like shifting but I still think about going there each night and how amazing I'd feel. I know that they are waiting for me home and they are waiting for as well.