Never Make A Promise 23

Originally, I was going to upload on Secrets, but then I remembered that I forgot about this one. So decided to make this a day late instead of two days late. IF I have time tomorrow, I may just post the next part to Secrets since it's pretty much all done.

By the way, if you read that story too, the end is coming pretty soon, so yeah.

Anyway, enjoy!

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"How many guys are actually afraid of their little brother?" Damon asked me while he was driving.

"How many guys are actually able to ADMIT that they're afraid of their little brother?"

"Real men. Manly men," he said, smirking at me. "Just like yours truly." I rolled my eyes. Yes, I loved him, but oh my god this kid was cocky.

"Yes, Damon. Just like you," I told him. He looked back at the road. "Where are we going now?"

"Most likely back to Aspen. I've kept you away long enough, I really don't think they'll do anything there."

"How do you know that?"

"They obviously don't know where we are if they ran into Joyce at the hotel when we were just leaving the institution," he told me.

"You don't think they would do anything to her, do you?"

"As long as she's not alone, I hope not."

"You HOPE not?"

"I can't make you any promises, sweetie," he said. Chills of excitement ran through me when he called me 'sweetie'. I really couldn't get used to the idea that Damon and I were actually........but we weren't. He and I weren't anything. I mean, yes we told each other we loved each other, but we didn't really talk about being anything more than friends.

"What's up?" he asked me. I shook my head.

"Nothing," I lied.

"Why are you lying to me already?"

"I'm-"

"I know when you're lying," he said. I sighed. "Is it what I think it is?"

"I don't know, is it?"

"Hmm........if I ask you a question right now, would you feel better?"

"What question?"

"How would you feel if I asked you to be my girlfriend?"

"What do you mean how would I feel?"

"Would you say yes? Would you say no?"

"Honestly, I would....." I trailed off.

"You would...."

"I would say yes."

"That's all I needed to know."

"Wait, so you weren't asking me."

"No, I simply asked you what you would say IF I asked you."

"That doesn't make sense! Isn't that pretty much asking me right there?"

"No, that's seeing what you would say IF I asked you. I technically didn't ask you, I wanted to know what your answer would be SHOULD I ask you."

"You are the strangest boy I have ever met," I said to myself.

"And I take pride in that," he grinned.

After hours of mindless driving- or at least I thought it was mindless driving. Damon insited he knew where he was going, which we both know is bull. Men and their 'I know where I'm going'- we finally ended up somewhere......not in Florida. I looked around and I could tell that we were in some tiny town. What tiny town that would be, I'm not too sure. But it was cloudy here. Ha, tiny town and it's cloudy. Maybe we're in Forks! No, I'm not a vampire obsessed kind of girl, I just saw the irony in that. The thought occured to me that Mr. 'I-know-where-we-are' over in the driver's seat might finally know.