Never Make A Promise 42 part 2

I WAS going to warn you guys before, but didn't feel like it. The end is coming. It's near people! It's near! There are just a couple more things I want to close up on and then it's all over. So yeah. That's all I really wanted to say today. Hope you all enjoy this part though, I know I promised it to come out yesterday- but I got distracted. Sorry about that guys. Anyway, I'll stop talking- typing- now and let you get to the story. Thanks for reading!

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Damon, what are you waiting for?"Larry grunted. "Shoot him!"

"Yes Damon," Jake agreed. "Shoot through Hayley to hit me. Come on, I'm waiting!"

"You don't speak!" Damon ordered. Jake pointed the gun upward and pulled the trigger, sending another bullet through the ceiling. I jumped at his sudden movement.

"That," Jake began, pointing the gun back at my head. "Was just a warning shot."

"I'm not letting you leave with her," Damon fought. Jake sighed.

"This is getting tiring, Damon," he said. "You know what? Why don't I just shoot your left hand and be done with it?"

"Because then I would pick the damn gun up and shoot after you," Larry said.

"How are you going to do that?"

"You forget how fast I am."

"Yeah. Right," Jake scoffed. "How's your leg by the way?"

"Huh? What leg?" Larry asked, confused. Jake shot his left calf, sending Larry down to the ground and causing Joyce to scream again.

"That one," Jake said nonchalantly.

"Damn you, Jake!" Larry groaned as he squeezed his leg. I felt Jake shrug behind me.

"I was a long time ago," he said. No one replied to him. The officer outside shouted another warning and Larry groaned after he did.

"How many last warnings is he going to give us?" he asked.

"I'm getting out of here," Jake said to Damon. "And she-" he dug the gun into my head and pulled it back. "-is going to be my key out." Damon fought between staying in place with the gun pointed at Jake and going to his brother, who was bleeding heavily on the ground. I tried pulling at Jake's arm to get loose, but he was too strong for me. Joyce was half sobbing and half hyperventilating on the couch while Jake and Damon remained completely silent.

"Damon, just-"

"Give me a second, Larry!" Damon ordered. Larry shut his mouth and bit his bottom lip in pain. Jake sighed.

"Tick tock, Damon," he said. "I'm getting bored here. I might just pull the trigger without moving the gun just to entertain myself."

"What would you do with her after you got out?" Damon asked.

"I wouldn't kill her, if that's what you mean. That....might not have to happen at all. After all, things don't look too good for your little brother there," he pointed the gun quickly in Larry's direction and brought it back to my head. Damon glanced at Larry quickly then back at Jake.

"He's going to make it," Damon said, though he sounded more like he was trying to convince himself than Jake.

"Doesn't look that way."

"Just stop talking!"

"I'm only speaking the truth. I'm giving you an opportunity to get him the help he needs, here! You either let me leave with Hayley or you let them both die. Your choice." I closed my eyes and found my voice.

"Damon," I whispered with my eyes still closed. "Please do what he says." I would rather go with Jake and get Joyce and Larry- even though the kid was a pain for most of the time I knew him- out of here okay, than have both Larry and me die and possibly Joyce and Damon too. I could tell that everyone was shocked by the words that came out of my mouth, but that's what needed to happen for everyone to be okay. Physic....That's what needed to happen for everyone to get out alive, there. Better.

"Hayley-"

"He's not going to give up, Damon," I said.

"I've got it covered."

"No, you don't," Jake scoffed. I kept my eyes closed, so I didn't see what Damon's reaction was. I tried rolling through movies and some of the karate classes I took when I was younger. Why I just thought of them now and not when I was first kidnapped by the idiot was a mystery to me. I think I remembered how to get someone who had you from behind off you, but I don't remember it step by step. And this wasn't practice, so there was no getting back up if I got it wrong. Better to try and fail than not try at all, my instructor always said. Well, I was actually going to listen to her here. I braced myself for what I was about to do, and bit down as hard as I could on the arm Jake had around me. He screamed out in pain and his other hand with the gun flinched upward and went off. I heard shouting outside as I dropped to the ground and crawled quickly away from Jake to Damon. He used his good arm to help me up and pushed me gently behind him while Jake recovered from his arm. He rubbed it and pointed the gun back at Damon later, looking at the ground and laughing.

"You," he laughed. "You really got a fighter there, Damon. That girl....ha ha, she bites HARD."

"It got her away from you, didn't it?" Damon asked smirking. Jake looked up at him and smiled a bit.

"I guess it did. And now I suppose I don't have any collateral on you?"

"No," Damon said. Jake shot Damon's right knee cap, causing Damon to drop the gun and fall to the ground. Jake charged at me. I ducked down, but fell backwards when his feet knocked into my shoulder. The gun slid across the floor toward Larry, who was too busy crawling toward Damon to notice it there next to him. I stumbled over my feet trying to get it, only to fall flat on my face when Jake grabbed my ankle. I kicked his face and crawled forward to the gun. My hand was barely touching it when I felt a sharp pain in my left shoulder. I let out a scream and turned my head to see the handle of a small knife sticking out. Jake grabbed it and yanked it out, causing me to let out a cry of pain.

"Hayley!" Damon shouted. I kicked Jake in the chest and he stumbled backward, giving me the chance to go for the gun again. Before he got the chance to attack me again, I had already picked up the gun and pointed it at him. He stopped suddenly in his tracks and held up his hands.

"Shoot me," Jake said. "Do it."

"Hayley don't!" Joyce cried.

"Do it!" Larry shouted. Before I even thought about pulling the trigger, the door was knocked down to the ground and several SWAT team members came running in, armed and ready to shoot.

"Everybody freeze!" one of them ordered. I let out a huge breath, dropped the gun, and held my hands up. Larry, Damon, and Joyce all pointed at Jake and screamed that he was the one to blame. One SWAT member, I'm guessing the captain, came up to Jake and looked at his face.

"Jake Griffith," he nodded. "The police have been looking for you for a long time."

"And I've been looking for him," Jake replied, pointing at Damon. The SWAT captain looked at Damon.

"Arrest him," he ordered his men, talking about Jake. His guys arrested Jake and escorted him out while he walked to Damon and looked down at him. Damon looked up at him, not a hint of fear etched on his face.

"Damon Smith," he said.

"How you doing?" Damon greeted.

"You were cleared for the murder of Henry Griffith, weren't you?"

"Self defense."

"I see," the captain nodded. "We're going to have to have you answer a couple questions about what happened here. After we get you to the hospital, of course."

"Don't worry about me," Damon said. "Just get my brother and Hayley they help they need." I hadn't even been consciously aware of the searing pain in my shoulder until now after Damon mentioned me needing help. The SWAT guy looked around.

"And your brother, I assume, would be the guy next to you while Hayley is the one over there," he said, pointing at me. "The only female in here that's injured."

"That's her," Damon said lovingly, looking at me. Joyce shot up and ran toward me. She got down next to me and looked at my shoulder, gently putting a finger on it. I gasped at the pain I felt from that tiny tap.

"I'm sorry," she apologized. "I'm sorry, honey."

"Don't worry," I said right as a gurney was wheeled in by a paramedic. Another paramedic rushed in toward me with a medical bag. She immediately began tending to my shoulder.

"This looks deep," she observed. "It may need stitches." Great, just what I needed. A freaking doctor to dig a needle and thread through me to sew up a freaking cut. Thanks a lot Jake, I thought sarcastically. She helped me stand up and walked me to the ambulance. Larry was rolled in on the gurney while Damon was taken to a different ambulance.

"Hey," Larry said to me. I looked at him.

"Yeah?"

"I'm really sorry," he said, near tears. "For everything I put you and my brother through. Believe me when I say that I never wanted to do any of it. I just had to make Damon believe that I was really on Jake's side so that Jake wouldn't hurt my dad."

"It's okay," I said. "To be honest, I probably would have done the same thing."

"I only joined because I thought it was cool. You know, my brother was in it and everything. I tried to get out as soon as they started going after Damon, but Jake threatened me with Dad," he said more to himself than me. I hesitantly set my hand on top of his in a comforting way.

"It's okay," I smiled weakly. "I forgive you." He returned my smile and the paramedics slammed the doors shut. I watched as Jake was shoved into the back of a police cruiser, hands cuffed behind his back, and couldn't help but smile to myself.

"It's over," Larry said.

"It's finally over," I nodded. "Thank you god."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~HE'S GONE! I bet you guys are all really happy that Jake's finally been arrested. Now, I want you all to know that no, he will not have a miraculous escape from jail. I'm actually sick of him myself and I don't really feel like bringing him back. So this was the last chapter that he's going to be in, but it's not the last that he's mentioned in. As I said before I want to tie up a couple loose ends before I end this story, so....yeah. That's about it. See you in three days!