Never Make A Promise 20

First off, so sorry that this is late. I was super tired yesterday, I had exams that day and the day before so yeah. Sorry for posting this late peoples. Eh......yeah.....enjoy. Lol.

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Eh, I'm getting dizzy. I was pacing back and forth in the bedroom of the hotel, waiting for the pizza to come. Just pacing and pacing and pacing. The hotel was supposed to be making the pizza, so it would take a while. Pace. Pace. Pace. Pace.

"Hayley?" Damon said.

"Hmm?"

"You're making me dizzy as ever. Stop pacing."

"I'm sorry. I'm just thinking."

"About?"

"Stuff."

"Hayley."

"What?"

"What kind of stuff?"

"Stuff that's not Damon's business stuff," I said. He scoffed.

"Well," he mumbled.

"When is the pizza getting here?"

"Today."

"Ha ha," I said sarcastically.

"You know what?"

"What?"

"I have to go to the bathroom," he said.

"Please, don't let me stop you."

"Psh, I won't," he said, walking past me. Why was I just pacing around like a maniac? Well, it all started with this kid named, Damon. I thought, and still do think, that he was the most annyoing person I've ever met. I thought, and still do think, that he was just.....I couldn't even find the word. And yet, I couldn't help but fall in love with him. Why was I pacing? Now that involved him about to say something at some points in time, but then some interruption coming and then he just doesn't say whatever he was going to say! It was driving me nuts! On top of that, I've got these gangster guys who are possibly- most likely- here with us, just watching us. To think of someone watching me, was just a little bit creepy. I sighed and decided I couldn't take it anymore. I quickly knocked on the bathroom door.

"Damon, I'm going outside by the pool," I said.

"Take your phone!" he called over the running water.

"Okay Dad," I teased. I figure calling him dad was better than calling him mom. I went to the bedside table, grabbed my cell phone and key card, and walked out the door to the elevators without changing out of my sweatpants and t-shirt.

When I got to the pool, it was pretty empty. The only people out by it were a couple girls in bikinis tanning in the sun on the chairs and a few kids splashing each other at the opposite end of the pool. I went to the middle, plopped down on the ground, rolled my pant legs up, and stuck my feet in the water. It was a cool, sunny day for Florida, probably like in the low sixties. I just plopped there boredly and kicked my feet a little.

"Having fun?" a familiar voice said right behind me, sending chills down my spine. I tilted my head back and looked straight up into the amused eyes of Larry.

"What are you doing here?" I asked him, masking the nervous feeling creeping up on me.

"I could ask you the same thing," he said sitting beside me.

"Vacation," I lied. He laughed.

"Hayley, you don't have to lie to me. I know why you're here."

"Do you?"

"I did say I COULD ask you the same thing. I never said I WAS going to ask you," he pointed out.

"Clever," I half smiled.

"You're here with my brother," he said, looking straight ahead.

"What makes you think that?"

"I said I know why you're here."

"Exactly. You said you know WHY I'm here. You never said you knew who I was with," I said. He smiled wider.

"Using my own cleverness against me I see."

"Indeed."

"Well, I should get going soon. I only wanted to warn you."

"Warn me?"

"About Damon."

"What about him?" I asked, looking down at the water. What if he did something to Damon?

"His past....as you most likely know, he's not the biggest saint around."

"I'm aware."

"So you know the whole story?"

"I know he was a member of a gang," I said. Like I was going to tell him I knew the details. I didn't know if they would do something to me for knowing too much because like Damon said, who knows how bad they've gotten. For all I knew, Jake could be all for beating a girl up. And that, my friends, is why I'm keeping my mouth shut.

"Know any details?" he questioned.

"That's all I know," I lied.

"Huh. I'm surprised he didn't tell you all the details. Especially the reason why Jake's after him. Both the reasons actually," he said. Both of the.....there was another reason?

"There are two reasons?"

"Yeah, two. Damon likes to deny one, but whatever. He still did it."

"Did what?" I asked, looking toward the doors. I could run, but I didn't know what would result from that. Besides, I wanted to know what other reason this kid was talking about. He chuckled.

"You know what? I'll let him tell you about that," he answered. I nodded and got my feet out of the water and stood up. The two girls were still at the end of the pool, now tanning their backs, and the kids were now playing water polo.

"I should get out of here. Damon's probably looking for me," I said.

"Right, right. What floor are you guys staying on? We're on two," he said. I looked at him. Did he actually think I was going to tell him what floor we were on? Did he actually expect me to tell him.........what floor did he say?

"What?" I whispered.

"I said we're on floor two. What floor-"

"What room?"

"Two thirty one, thirty two, and thirty three, why? Planning on visiting us?" he asked with a smirk. God he was just like his brother! He had that stupid smirk and that cocky attitude and everything......two thirty two? Room two thirty tw...two? That was the.....he.....they had the......the room. My room. Mom's room. The room where.....I found it a little hard to breathe. "You ok?"

"I'm fine," I said quickly. "I....I gotta go," I said, rushing past him. I sped walked back into the hotel and when I thought I was out of Larry's view, I started running toward the elevators. I pushed the up button and looked around for Larry, Jake, or just anyone creepy looking. No one with that description came into view and I let out a relieved sigh as the elevator 'dinged'. I was about to get in, but nearly ran into Damon.

"There you are," he said. I pushed him back on to the elevator and pushed the button for the sixth floor. "God, can't wait to get me back upstairs can you?" he teased. I rolled my eyes. Not so fast bud, I thought.

"Larry's here," I said, looking at the passing numbers above the door.

"What was that?"

"You heard me."

"How do you know that?"

"Because I just saw him. I went out by the pool and he came out there and started talking to me."

"What did he say to you?" he asked me seriously.

"The conversation was along the lines of him knowing why I was here and knowing that I was here with you and that he only wanted to warn me."

"Warn you about what?"

"About you."

"What about me?"

"That there are two reasons why the gang is after you, one of which you like to deny," I said.

"Dammit," Damon mumbled. The doors opened and I got off right away with Damon right behind me. "Did he say anything else?"

"He did try to get me to tell him what I knew about you and he tried to get me to tell him what floor we were staying on."

"You didn't-"

"I didn't tell him. I'm not that stupid."

"I know you aren't that stupid. I just wanted to make sure."

"Good," I said, opening the door to our room. Damon closed and locked it behind him. "I know what floor they're on. And what rooms."

"Where are they?"

"Second floor," I said slowly. I hated that floor. "Rooms two thirty one, thirty two, and thirty three."

"I should go down there and....."

"And?"

"Nothing. We should get out of here now," he said.

"Just one question," I said.

"What?" he asked, walking over by the couch.

"What is the second reason they're coming after you?" I asked him, making him stop in his steps.

"Hayley."

"Damon."

"I....I told you."

"You told me ONE reason. You never said anything about another reason."

"I....will tell you later. Let's get on our way to see your uncle," he said quickly. I eyed him suspiciously. What wasn't he telling me? Why wasn't he telling me? It's not like I wasn't already in this too deep as it was. Why wouldn't he tell me just one more small detail? How....how bad was this small detail?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~'Thought you knew everything there was to know, didn't ya?! Lol, well no! Damon's got one last....well, two other secrets in store. The first one is the second reason why the gang wants to get to him so bad and the other is how he feels about Hayley. Can you guess what his secrets are? Most of you got that second one I listed, but I wanna know what you guys think! Lol. Comment and vote peoples!