Never Make A Promise 7

Okay, so for sure I will be uploading every three days. It's just easier for me that way. Hope that's not too long for you all.

We've been done with dinner for half an hour. HALF AN HOUR! WHY WERE WE STILL SITTING HERE? I was screaming in my head while the adults were in a chatter with each other. Damon seemed to be just as bored as I was, but he played it off pretty well by flirting with any cute waitress or girl that walked by. I swear, he got at least fifty numbers by the time he noticed how many times I had rolled my eyes. I had done that every time a girl gave into his 'charm' and gave him their number.

"He's not going to call," I would sing when they walk by me, which only earned me a glare, but hey! It's the truth. I bet that Damon would only call one out of all of those girls, if even that many.

"Do you think I ENJOY being this attractive?" he asked, stuffing the most recent number in his pocket.

"I actually think you do," I said. "I mean, I have NO idea where I get that idea from."

"Are you being sarcastic?"

"Oh my god, is- is that obvious?" I asked, eyes wide open. He narrowed his eyes at me.

"A little bit, yes."

"Well good," I smirked, taking a sip of my drink.

"You know, I actually find these girls annoying," he said. I nearly choked on my drink.

"Please!" I said, after clearing my throat a couple times.

"What? You don't believe I don't like the attention?"

"I really don't believe you don't like the attention," I said.

"Well, believe it babe," he said. A chill went through me when he called me babe. Not one of those creeped out chills, but......never mind. It was NOT one of those chills. EW! Okay well, not EW exactly, but......ugh again, never mind.

"Yeah, okay," I said instead.

"So, anyone ever tell you that you don't look anything like your mom?" he asked.

"Uh, yeah, we've gotten that," I muttered.

"Do you look more like your dad?"

"Anyone tell you that you look a lot like your aunt?" I asked quickly, hoping to make him change the topic.

"Eh, she looks like my mom. I mean, it makes sense they were sisters," he answered. Thank you, I thought.

"Speaking of your mom, how does your aunt have the same last name?"

"Huh?"

"When Chris saw your aunt, he asked her if it was back from Smith to Brent," I said.

"Oh, she married my dad for a while after my mom died. They recently got divorced."

"You forgot to mention that when you were spilling your guts the other day," I said.

"It's kind of hard to get eighteen years worth of information all out in a couple of minutes," he said. I sighed and looked over at the adults to see if they were done talking. They didn't even look CLOSE to it.

"So, where are your dad and little brother?" I asked Damon.

"At home. Michelle just wanted to take me out tonight. Her and dad thought I was 'suffering' more than Larry and they thought it would help for her to talk to me," he said.

"You did lose your mom. Were you close?"

"She was practically my best friend," he said, staring at his fingers on the table. I stayed quiet. I knew what he was going through. I lost my own mom when I was little, but she and I never got to be that close. She was always gone working or out on dates. The little time we had together was the time we spent talking and that wasn't much time.