Never Make A Promise 13

Hello, hello! I decided to upload a little early since I might not be able to tomorrow. In case I don't get the chance tomorrow, HAPPY NEW YEAR!

BTW, Rent. Awesome movie, just sayin'.

I closed my eyes, expecting and wanting it all to be just a silly nightmare. I wanted to wake up and find out that Damon was never apart of a gang of drug dealers and that those same drug dealers who pretty much hated him weren't going to come after me or stalk me home. As much as I wanted that to happen..........well, life doesn't always give us what we want, now does it? Those guys were still after Damon, and possibly me and Joyce, and I was still on the way to a motel with Damon. All's I'm going to say is this, we better get a room with two beds. Because if we don't, and there's on bed, then it's couch city for Damon. And if there's not a couch, then it's floor town for him. This is, after all, pretty much his fault. I mentally slapped myself. He didn't mean to get you into it, Hayley. Either way, I was in it. Ugh, maybe if he had left me alone like I wanted him to. I mentally slapped myself again and scolded myself for having these thoughts. It wasn't his fault his ex-gang members were creepy stalkers who would.........rambling on and on about this whole situation isn't going to make you feel better, I thought. I opened my eyes again and saw that Damon was just pulling into the parking lot of a motel I didn't even bother to look at the name of. He parked the car, took the keys out, and sighed.

"I'm going to get a room. You should call Joyce and tell her you're staying somewhere else," he said. I nodded and he got out while I stayed in the car. I called Joyce's cell phone number.

"Hayley?" she answered instantly.

"Hey Joyce," I said.

"Where are you? I thought you said you'd be back by six. It's two hours past," she said.

"I know, I......I have to stay over at Aliyah's tonight," I said.

"Why's that?"

"Her....er, her parents are out of town and she doesn't want to be home alone."

"Why doesn't she come over here?"

"She has to stay at her house for the dogs," I lied, shocked at how easily the words flowed out of my mouth.

"Oh, I see," she said. "Well, have fun then. Don't stay up too late! And don't be late to school tomorrow!"

"We will and we won't," I said. I shut my phone and felt really bad for lying to her. I hardly ever lied to her and when I did, with the exception of saving her from embarrassment, I felt horrible about it. Sort of like I did now. A light tapping at the window made me jump. I looked over and saw Damon standing there with a smirk on his face. Damon, smirking even in times of panic. Predictable.

"You coming out?" he asked. I nodded and opened the door and got out.

"Which room?" I asked.

"Five," he answered, pointing at the room. Five. The age I was when I was taken from my dad. We went inside the room and he shut and locked the door right away, putting both locks on. I observed the room while he shut the curtains. The fact that this room looked a little like the rooms they had in Vacancy, creeped me out a bit. I mean, it had the same layout as the room the one couple stayed in in the movie. This room had one bed, a t.v. set right across from it, a little bathroom on the side, oh, and no couch. Looks like it was floor town for Damon. Speaking of which, he must have known that I was a little creeped by the room because he stood in front of me with a concerned expression plastered on his face.

"What's wrong?" he asked. Uh....on top of having to stay in this motel room that gave me the creeps because his ex-gang members may be coming after me, my mother have being murdered by her own brother when I was ten and me being a witness to it, me being taken away from my dad when I was five by my mom and him promising to come find me and not keeping that promise, and me having a problem with promises because of those two last events I mentioned........nothing's wrong at all! Note the huge amount of sarcasm I just used. He kept watching me, letting me know that he was waiting for an answer.