Never Make A Promise 36

New uploading schedule, here! Never Make A Promise will be uploaded every THREE days, I 'Effin Love You, Too will be uploaded every FOUR days, and Just Another R And J will be every FIVE days. All three will be uploaded every weekend no matter what, Never Make A Promise being Fridays, I 'Effin Love You, Too being on Saturday, and Just Another R And J being on Sundays. Just wanted to let you guys know that. I'll be sending out a message too, so yeah. Lol.

Now I might be starting up a new story, I don't know for sure yet because I've already kind of got a clashing schedule as it is with my homewor- psh, HAHA! I stopped doing my homework at the beginning of the week. I find it to be a waste of time lately. Eh. Anyway, here we go!

<3 Nikky~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Jordan for the last time, please refrain from staring my boyfriend down," I begged. Jordan moodily looked out his window, away from Damon. Aliyah, who was now driving due to Jordan pulling over constantly to try and strangle Damon, shook her head without looking at anyone. No one had spoken up until I just did since I asked Jordan for the first time to quit with the dirty looks. It wasn't exactly his fault we were in this situation. I know that I used to blame him, but I don't anymore. Maybe if I weren't so damn nosy or stubborn or anything. Maybe if I had just listened to Damon and stayed looking down at my lap the first time Jake caught us in between the two cars, then he wouldn't know my face and only Larry would know who to be looking for. To be honest, I really wasn't all that afraid of Larry. Not as much as I was afraid of Jake at least.

"So," Aliyah began awkwardly. I rolled my eyes. I know she was uncomfortable, but did she really think that the guys were going to talk without fighting?

"So," Jordan mumbled.

"Oh, quit acting like a child," Aliyah snapped at him. His head whipped in her direction.

"How exactly am I acting like a child? My best friend is stuck in this really bad situation where she's got a dangerous gang coming after her because of some DOUCHE BAG not leaving her alone when she wanted to be left alone!"

"What exactly do you think I did? Invite them over to my house to hang out and tell them all about Hayley? Do you think that I set them after her?" Damon demanded.

"Of course not," Jordan spat. "It sure as hell is your fault though."

"Yeah, okay. It's not like I wasn't already very aware of that," Damon replied just as bitterly. I propped my elbow up on my door and rested my head down on my fist. I have had enough of all their bickering and crap. It increased on the annoying scale every time they started.

"Good," Jordan snapped. "I was just checking to make sure you knew."

"Can you go any faster, Lee?" I asked Aliyah. She threw me an apologetic glance in the rear view mirror as my answer. I sagged my shoulders and looked back out my window, trying to tune out Damon and Jordan's arguement. I was on edge and one more word out of either of them would set me off.

"Just so you know, it's your fault!"

"Thank you..Jordan! I am VERY well aware!"

"Again, I'm only making sure that you know!"

"Well, I don't need you to remind me every five minutes!"

"Would the both of you just shut up?!" I shouted. They both jumped at the anger and power in my voice. "God, I've heard enough from BOTH of you. Jordan, quit blaming Damon for everything that's going on! Damon, just ignore Jordan and quit fighting back!"

"Thank you," Aliyah sighed. Damon folded his arms across his chest and sank in his seat while Jordan, with one last glare at Damon, turned around in his. Neither of them said another word to each other. "Dang," Aliyah said.

"What?" I asked.

"You should yell more often," she said. "It seems to work." I cracked a small smile at her. Count on Aliyah to brighten up the mood. After about a good ten minutes of silent, I kneed Jordan's seat.

"Hey crabby," I teased. He didn't budge in the least bit. "What's four plus four?" Nothing. "Come on, I know you know it."

"What...." Aliyah trailed off. "Oh yeah!" she exclaimed, remembering our inside joke.

"Jordan," I sang. "What's four plus four?"

"Don't," he warned.

"Four plus four is...."

"Jello," he finally said.

"There you go!" Aliyah said.

"Now he's back!" I exclaimed, smiling and knowing that Jordan just rolled his eyes. Damon was giving me a confused look and I just mouthed that I would tell him later. I figure that now wasn't exactly the time to tell him that one time in eighth grade when our teacher was quizzing us on basic math problems, Jordan and Seth both accidentally yelled out jello instead of four. They were hungry at the time and were babbling about how much they wanted jello and whatnot, so when she asked what four plus four was they both screamed out jello. Nerds. Jordan and Aliyah dove into a conversation in Aliyah's successful attempt to steer Jordan's mind away from the trouble that Damon and I were in. I looked back over at Damon and he was looking out his window, his expression showing that he wished he were somewhere else. I pressed my lips together and scooted over closer to him, leaning my head on his shoulder. After about a minute, he wrapped his arm around my shoulders and kissed the top of my head.

"Jordan," Aliyah warned.

"I'm not saying anything, I'm not saying anything," he chanted to himself, eyes closed and head leaning back. Aliyah threw me an apologetic smile over her shoulder quick and I shurgged back at her. When Jordan got mad at someone who wasn't me, he could stay mad for a LONG while. One time, Aliyah did something to piss him off- something I can't remember at this moment in time- and he was mad for WEEKS. It was something little. Maybe it was placing a whopee cushion on his chair at school while he was in a really bad mood because of something his mom had said to him. Maybe that was Seth who did that....the point is, Jordan was mad at which ever of those two did it for a LONG time. Whenever I did crap to piss him off, he was always back to talking to me the next day. We never could stay mad at each other for long. Damon on the other hand...Damon was different for him. Jordan barely knew him, so he would be staying mad for quite a while.

"SO!" Aliyah said. Ice breaker, I thought. "How is everyone today....ooh, bad question..."

"Really bad question," Jordan mumbled. I rolled my eyes again.

"Where are you from Damon?" Aliyah asked.

"California."

"Hm, and what are your intentions for my sister?" she asked, referring to me.

"Well, I'd love to continue being her boyfriend for a while," he said, resting his chin on the top of my head. I smiled and blushed lightly.

"Psh," Jordan scoffed. I sent him a killer glare that he paid no attention to. Aliyah sighed.

"Where is your dad?" she asked Damon.

"At home," he answered easily. He looked down at me. "I talked to him a few days ago."

"What did he say?" I asked.

"That he talked to Larry the day before and he said that he was at a friend's house in California. He also said that Larry was supposed to be in a world of trouble when he came back home."

"Is he actually going to remember what he said?"

"Doubt it," he muttered.

"When was the last time he saw Larry?"

"I don't even think he remembers."

"Hey guys! You know what! Tomorrow is Christmas!" Aliyah exclaimed. My head snapped up in her direction.

"What?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's Christmas Eve. Then the day after tomorrow is your birthday."

"Really?"

"What? You've been so distracted you forgot your own birthday and Christmas are coming up?"

"Ye...yeah...I guess I did," I admitted shamefully. How could I forget about Christmas? My birthday, I understand. I forgot about that all the time, but Christmas? I think I got everyone a gift in the beginning of the month. Everyone but Damon. Crap, I thought. How was this going to work?

"Did you do any Christmas shopping?" Aliyah asked me.

"I did at the beginning of the month."

"Me too," she replied. "I got you all a present!"

"Even me?" Damon asked, confused.

"Of course! You and I are friends, aren't we?"

"Yeah we are. I suppose I just didn't expect you to get me a gift is all."

"I don't expect one in return if that's what you're thinking."

"Well you're going to have to deal with it because I got you one. I also got Hayley one," he said, looking sheepishly at me. I smiled, but I looked back down and my eyes widened. I didn't get him anything. I didn't like him at the beginning of the month.

"Hayls?" Aliyah said.

"Hmm?"

"What's up?"

"I....I..."

"You didn't get me anything, did you?" Damon asked. I frowned at him.

"No," I admitted.

"It's okay. To be honest, I didn't expect one from you at the time I was picking yours out."

"Oh," I said. "Well then...I feel a...a little better."

"That's what I was aiming for."

"Can we get some silence in here?!" Jordan begged. I gave him a look. "What?"

"Can you please?"

"Please what?"

"Stop?"

"Possibly. If I feel like it," he muttered moodily. Damon sighed and shrugged at me. I leaned my head back on his shoulder and counted down the minutes left before we got to my house.

When we finally got there after what seemed like three days in the awkwardly silent car, I was the first out and up at the door. Damon and Aliyah followed closely behind, while Jordan followed behind painfully slow. I unlocked the door and entered the front hall.

"Joyce!" I called. No answer.

"Oh yeah, Hayley!" Aliyah said. "Joyce told us to tell you she had to go see Michelle somebody."

"Michelle...Brent?"

"I think so."

"She went to see your aunt," I said to Damon.

"Where's Seth, then?" Damon asked.

"I don't know," Seth said, stepping around the corner. "I think he took off a while ago."

"Dork," I laughed, slapping his arm.

"You missy," he said, pointing a finger in my face. "You have some explaining to do!"

"No I don't."

"Yes you do."

"No I don't."

"Yes you do! You liar!"

"You're the liar!"

"No you!"

"No you!"

"No you!"

"No you!"

"Is this really the time to have this kind of arguement?" Jordan groaned. I stuck my tongue out at Seth.

"I got the last word," I said. "Ha ha!"

"I'll win next time," he warned.

"Yeah right," I scoffed, walking past him. "You keep dreaming, bud."

"So where the hell did you two really go?" he asked, following me and Damon into the living room. Aliyah and Jordan remained at the entrance of the living room, looking at us expectantly. I lowered myself onto the couch.

"I'd rather not...we went somewhere," I said. Seth gave me a weird look.

"Really? What about you Damon?" Jordan asked. Damon just looked at him.

"What about me?" he asked.

"Would you like to enlighten Seth on the subject?"

"Jordan don't start," Aliyah said.

"Jordan, please," I groaned.

"No, no, no Damon. Come on, tell him. Explain. Tell him what you did," he said, putting emphasis on the 'you'. I glared at him. And I thought I blamed Damon a lot at first with this whole thing.

"Jordan, knock it off!" Aliyah warned again.

"Knock what off? What am I doing?"

"You know exactly what you're doing, so quit it!"

"What am I missing here?"

"Tell him Damon."

"I'm really confused."

"Ya hear that, Damon? Seth is confused! Un-confuse him!"

"Jordan!" I warned.

"Just knock it off, Jordan," Damon said.

"What is going on here?" Seth asked.

"Damon here got Hayley involved in a gang problem," he said.