Chapter 6

"So, how exactly are we 'James Bond style' leaving the building?" Russia asks UK.

"Well..." UK begins but pauses, "I haven't thought it through and if you complain about how I should be smart because I'm 'old' and should be wise: I will throw you out the window and blame it on you testing if you could survive the jump."

"Well that escalated." Russia responds.

"Mhmm." UK hums.

He then walks towards near the end of the hallway where the staircase had collapsed and the floor of the hall was now leaning downwards.

"I wonder if we move carefully enough, well, maybe just one person at a time would be better, but maybe it could take the weight." UK says in thought while analysing the cracked floor.

"I don't think that will work." Russia says.

"Try to be more... optimistic." UK finds the word.

"Free skydiving."

"That is... not quite what I meant."

UK thinks for a bit more about the plan while Russia waits for him to come up with the ideas because he doesn't really want to right now.

"Maybe if we got the others to be there... no... uh... this is more difficult with barely anything to work with. And I'm in a suit of all things." UK complains.

"At least you'll die in style." Russia says optimistically.

Tired of everything at this point, UK lets out a small laugh at the joke, but only a short one.

"I've still got years on me yet," He says, he then looks to Russia with the usual annoyed look he presents to most countries. "Because I'm. Not. That. Old."

"You're going to drum that into me until we leave this building." Russia says in response.

"That's one of the most optimistic things you've said so far." UK comments.

There is a moment of silence.

"So, are you going to try and walk along there. You're smaller than me so you would be lighter." Russia says to UK.

UK sighs.
"You just called me short, didn't you?"

"In a way... Yes, I definitely did."

"Well, if I die, I blame it on you. If you don't want the blame—I recommend you start thinking on who to shift it on to." UK says towards Russia before looking back to the cracked floor.

"God save the Queen, this time God save me." UK mutters before taking slow steps onto the unsafe-looking floor.

He takes two steps with nothing happening and it helps his confidence to say the least.

He takes another slow step forward and this time the floor cracks a little and UK freezes entirely, waiting for at any moment to fall through the floor.

Nothing.

"I swear to God, Russia, you better be ready to catch me." UK says to Russia, now wanting the reassurance that if the floor is to fall Russia might be able to save him.

"Swear to God, huh? God's not saving you now." Russia jokes.

"Because this is a brilliant time to be telling jokes." UK says sarcastically.