Chapter 1

It was another day of arguing. 9 countries sat in a room—occasionally standing up to be more forceful in there arguments—not being able to agree on a conclusion.

"We should unilaterally disarm and it should be UK to go first!" A country shouts.

"Why me!" Another shouts back.

The meetings would at first be calm discussion, as countries should talk during meetings, or at least that's how you would expect it to be. But it usually, almost always, escalated to shouting at each other in an attempt of getting a point across.

"Because you have a high influence!"

"Just because I colonised one quarter of the world doesn't mean I have influence on that whole quarter! If anything, me not having defence will give countries, especially those that hold grudges against me for colonisation, a reason to attack!"

"Oui, if we weren't considered allies I would instantly attack you with that defence gone." A different country says more calmly to the side. "Even though you never managed to colonise me."

This argument was fought very often and these countries were evidently becoming tired of it. The rising tensions of these arguments just seemed to add to the threat of nuclear weapons being used. For some it was very stressful—the meetings—and it was a game of dropping threats to see if someone would go over the edge and push the button that could easily destroy a city, if not a small country.

It isn't long before someone tips over the edge and does it.

Not long at all.

"You could just pay them not to attack you."

"Oh, easy for you to say, China. That's just going to put me in economical pressure. I may even have to raise taxes and that just wouldn't go well."

"Old man has a point. You saw what happened when he did it to me."

"We should multilaterally disarm. That way it's fair."

"Нет. What's the point of getting rid of the power we built, and I don't trust all of you to do so."

"None of you trust each other, that's one of the main reasons we have nukes anyway."

"There is no way I'm getting rid of them."

"Surprised you even came to this meeting. All you do is disagree with everyone and refuse to tell anyone of the things that even happen in your country."

"닥쳐.(shut up)"

"I don't even know what that means."

"Yeah you don't, because you're a patriotic idiot who is full of themselves!"

"You're just as patriotic as me!"

"These meetings don't get us anywhere."

"Israel has a point. I'm leaving."

"You can't just leave when you like!"

"But I can, and I am."