Chapter 8

The four countries worked together to set up their escape rope. One end of the rope was at the stable ground, as it was long enough to reach a point close to the ground from the stable hallway floor—something the countries were happy about, being uncertain wether the cracked floor would be able to support them as they would climb down.

They all managed to move two desks within rooms to support the weight for the last country that would climb down. But paranoid that that might not be enough—they added a few random but heavy-looking objects onto the desks—just for good measure.

US clapped his hands.

"We're good to go!" He said, "Who's going first?"

No one volunteered.

"Oh, come on, you guys will be fine—Me? I've got an injured leg remember. I'm probably the most likely to fall, so man up!... no, I don't like saying that... so women up!... no, not much difference... human up? ... erm, an equal term to all genders—up!" America stumbles on his words. It wasn't hard to tell that he was nervous with the whole speech he just went on. 

"USA, you're right, but I think it is important to decide who will be the last one to go down, first." UK said gently to America, a different reaction to China and Russia who seem to be greatly unimpressed in America's 'encouragement talk.'

"Ah, yeah, that's a good point." America said, feeling a bit embarrassed only due to Russia and China's derogatory stares.

"We'll do process of elimination—and that will be down to weight and ability." Uk said. "I think America should go second or third, due to his injury. He should be granted assistance when getting down, if you two are okay with that." UK adds on with a look to China and Russia that suggests if they disagree there will be a serious problem.

"That is fine." Russia says without much care.

"Alright," China says, suspiciously to UK, "Only if you go last." He adds on with the same look daring UK to disagree.

UK almost guessed as soon as China spoke he was going to bend his acceptance to an agreement benefiting him.

"I have no problem with that." UK says unfazed, much to China's disappointment who wanted a good reaction.

"But the probability of falling will be higher for the last country." America complains.

UK almost chuckles at America's complaining. He didn't much think America would care. So much so he found it comical.

"He agreed to it, I don't see why you're complaining." China says to America.

"Yeah, it's alright, US. The important thing is getting out, andto do that there will be risks for everyone." UK says to America.

America still doesn't agree but remains silent, not going to disagree any further.

"You'll be fine, stupid American." Russia says and ruffles America's hair.

"My hair..." America says sadly as he feels how Russia's messed it up.

"Let's get going, I don't want to be in this building much longer with all of you." China says with his usual annoyed expression.

"Alright, I go first." Russia says.

"You're alright with that?" China asks.