Second Meeting

Luffy

Talk about a celebration! The entire island was a mashup of bright colors, fun songs, and great smelling food. At the center of it all were the guests of honor, the Straw-Hat pirates, each one enjoying themselves in their own bizarre ways. It was truly a sight to behold.

You were sitting alone with a plate of snacks, watching all of the chaos. You helped a bit, true, but you weren't going to advertise it. All you wanted to do now was enjoy the happiness here that you hadn't seen in a long while.

Not too far away from your seat, the captain of the straw-hats was talking with some of your neighbors while stuffing his face with food... mainly meat. He may not have looked that way, but he was somewhat listening to what they were saying.

"We really thought you were going to go down for a little while Straw-hat. You are really lucky that (Y\N) was in the area. Without that boost, we would all be dead!"

The group started laughing and drinking at that, but now they truly had the rubber boy's full attention and curiosity.

"(Y\N)? Who's that? What boost?"

He stared intently at the group, waiting for an answer as he shoved more food in his mouth. He may be curios, but he was still hungry... The islanders stared back for a moment in confusion before giving their response.

"Didn't you notice? You got a sudden burst of energy or drive mid-fight, didn't you? When you started losing, (Y\N) used their devil fruit on you to help you out. They have always been able to make people happy or determined with that power. It comes in handy sometimes, like it did when it helped you, but it's a pretty useless power in a fight."

"No, I had no idea. Where can I find them?

~

You were happy, thinking about the amazing fighting styles you had seen and what you could do next. You had talked to a couple of the pirates during the party and all of them had so much passion, it was hard not to do something like that yourself after seeing them in action. You went to get another piece of food from your plate, but right before you could, a hand came into view and stole the food from your plate. You about jumped about a foot in the air, having been taken by surprise, then looked up to see none other than Straw-Hat Luffy himself, his cheeks stuffed with food and attempting to speak with his mouth full.

"Are you (Y\N)? I heard you helped me out earlier."

"Well, yes I am but-"

You didn't even get a chance to finish your sentence before a wide smile spread across his face after he finally decided to swallow his food. He hopped up giggling like a maniac.

"That's great! I'm Monkey D. Luffy, and you are goanna be the next member of my crew, Okay?"

...

"Wat?"

Sanji

It had been a few hours sense the poor blond man passed out. You had finally found Nami and Robin as well as met the rest of the crew. Everything was smoothed over for the most part, but you really felt sorry for, who must be Sanji. Poor man had to get a blood transfusion to stay alive after that disaster of a nosebleed. The green-haired swordsman had told you it was fine and normal, but you still couldn't help but feel guilty.