Marco Catch up🔥🍍🐓

(A/N: Y'all I had to completely rewrite this from scratch, I really need to plan these things out before I put pen to paper- That being said, it took me weeks to write the first attempt, and one night to completely redo it, that's the power of motivation))

🍇Your Devil Fruit🍇

Lacking a devil fruit in the new world, and not to skilled of a fighter to boot, but there is a silver lining. The peace is very well maintained in the area, so, not all bad?

🍁First Meeting🍁

Ah yes, Marine day. It comes around every now and again. The nearest marine base is a few deserted islands away so they don't come around to often. For the most part, the island is on it's own, but when the Marines do come, the whole place seems to put itself in order. That doesn't exclude you. If the island seemed in good condition, the odds of the Marines starting a base there was slim. No one actually wanted them around..

You hummed as you walked down the street in the nicest outfit you had, a hat hiding your face from the sun. Just like every Marine day, the whole island was in tip top shape. Or it was.. the day wasn't even half over when you started to hear shouting and gunshots just around the corner from you. Who in there right mind would start something on today's of all days?

"Did you see wear he went?"

"No! I lost him!"

"That was Marco the Phoenix! We can't lose him! Get searching!"

"Yes sir!"

You watched with wide eyes as a man skidded around the corner, running in your direction. He wore an open shirt and had shirt blond hair on top of his head.. almost like a pineapple.. and extremely recognizable.

You had to think fast. If the Marines managed to catch this man and confirm that such a notorious pirate crew was in the area, it was almost assured they would come around more often.

The man was about to pass you by when you jerked forward and grabbed his shirt, yanking with all your might to pull him back towards you, then took off your hat, hurriedly placing it on his instead. "Sorry about this, just go with it okay?"

Desperate times call for desperate measures. You almost felt bad upon seeing the shock and confusion on his face but you didn't have the time to think about it, pulling him down to meet you in a kiss just as the Marines ran past you. It wasn't the best plan, but it worked like a charm.

It was then that the man regained himself, pulling back from you with a small smirk and a light blush on his face "Well, I can't say I saw that one coming-yoi.."

"Neither did I, but it worked.. listen you need to get out of here before they come back. Off if they catch you that will be bad news for all of us."

"But I-"

"Go! And stay out of sight, they'll be gone tomorrow, you can come back then! Shoo!" You huffed, pushing his shoulder to urge him on. He chuckled, holding his hands up in surrender. "Alright, alright, I got it" without another word, he took off running again, skidding around the corner he came from to begin with.

🌧️Second meeting🌧️

The sun was setting over the sea as you watched the marine ships pull away from the harbor. After losing track of the pirate they had spotted, they searched for the rest of the day, but sense only a few of them actually saw the man, there frankly incompetent captain disregarded the sighting entirely as his men trying to pull a prank on him and heading back to the ship.