17: Fake Smiles

(Tom's POV)

I don't know why I kissed Y/n on the head last night. I wasn't thinking and I just did it.

I'm so stupid, I probably ruined our whole friendship. Or... whatever we had.

Right now I'm sitting in my trailer waiting for Y/n to come do my makeup. I have my hand over my face thinking about how much of a div I am.

I'm thinking so much that when I get a knock on the trailer I almost get scared to death. After I get a hold of myself I run to the door and open it.

"Hi." I say to Y/n.

"Hey."

She gives me a tight-lipped smile and I let her into the trailer.

She starts to do my makeup and we aren't talking at all. The silence isn't comfortable like it usually is, but it's super awkward. The air is so thick I can barely breathe.

Finally I get the guts to speak up.

"Hey I'm sorry about last night. When I kissed your head." I say and immediately try not to cringe.

"Oh no, it's ok. Just kinda caught me off guard." She says and gives me a fake smile.

"I know your lying." I say.

"What do you mean?"

"I can tell when you fake a smile, or a laugh, and I can tell that you aren't telling the truth when you tell me that everything is fine." I say before I can think about it at all.

She gives me a surprised look and looks down.

"How?" She asks so quietly I can barely hear it.

"Well I uh, I don't know. I can just tell. I don't know how you are able to convince everyone else but... it's just so obvious to me."

She turns away from me and sighs.

"I'm done with your makeup." She says.

"Y/n I—"

"I said I'm done with your makeup." I can hear her voice break as she tries not to cry. It has to be one of the saddest things I have ever heard.

I go up to her and give her a huge hug. She freezes for a second before hugging me back.

"I'm sorry you have to keep seeing me like this." She says into my chest.

"No darling it's ok."

She pulls away from the hug and wipes her eyes.

"You probably need to go to set." She says and I nod.

"Ok bye." I say.

"Bye."

I turn towards the door for a second, but then something crosses my mind.

No Tom don't

You'll regret it

Thomas Stanley Holland don't-

I turn back to Y/n and she gives me a confused look. I quick bend down a little and kiss her cheek.

Then I speed walk out of the trailer before she can say anything.

(Your POV)

What. The. Fuck!?!?!?

Oh my god Tom Holland just kissed me on the cheek. Ahh I don't know what to do.

I just stand there shocked for a moment before grabbing my phone.

~Over Text~
(Group chat with Mai and Sami)

Y/n: omg guys Tom just kissed me on the cheek!

Mai: Ur kidding

Y/n: no I'm being serious

Sami: ahhhh explain yourself right now

Y/n: ok one sec

~Off Text~

I leave Tom's trailer and go to set, then I get back onto my phone and call both of them.

"Hey guys!" I say.

"Y/n you have to tell us what is going on!"

"Ok ok! It's not very interesting though. I was doing his makeup and then he told me something about how he knows when I'm faking a smile. Then we hugged and then he had to go to set, then he kissed my cheek and left. He didn't say anything after that." I explain.

They are silent for a moment before squealing. I have to move the phone away from my ear a little bit so I wouldn't go deaf.

"Y/n!!!! Yes! After you guys finish filming you have to start dating!" Mai says. I roll my eyes even though she can't see me.

"I don't have any control over that. He probably doesn't even like me. I mean come on, he could get like any girl ever and he would want me?"

"Yes he would want you Y/n! You're amazing and he would have to be stupid to not want to." Sami says and I smile to myself.

"Aww thanks. But I'm not dating him." I say and hang up the phone.
———————————————

~After work~

(At Y/n, Mai, and Sami's apartment)

"So how do you guys feel about playing a prank on Tom?" I ask referring to what Harry called me about this morning.

"Yeah what?" Mai asks.

"So Harry called me earlier, and he said that they are planning to watch a movie tonight with him, Haz, and Tom."

"Uh-huh. Keep going..." Sami says.

"Ok so Harry invited us to come without Tom knowing so we can watch 'The Impossible' with them instead. It's Tom's first movie that he was ever in." I say.

"Yes that sounds amazing!"

"Ok I'll let Harry know." I get out my phone and text him.

Sami and Mai are down to annoy Tom.

It doesn't take very long for him to reply.

Ok perfect, me and Haz can come pick you up and like 5:30. You guys can eat while you're there.

Ok that sounds perfect!

"Ok Harry and Haz will be here to pick us up at 5:30!" I yell to Mai and Sami.

"Ok!" They yell and we start getting ready.

This is going to be interesting.