28: Confession

(Your POV)

"Aww, I like you calling me princess." I say.

"Yeah?" Tom asks.

"Yeah."

Tom smiles and laughs a little. Then he leans forward and kisses my cheek.

"How you feeling?" He asks.

"Good, my stomach hurts a little and I'm tired but other than that I feel fine." I say.

"Ok good. I should go get a doctor and tell them your awake." He says.

"Ok"

He walks out of the room and I immediately feel a little more anxious. I know it sounds stupid but he keeps me calm. He's always there to let me know that everything will work out fine.

After a few moments Tom comes back in with a doctor.

"Good to see your awake Ms. L/n." She says.

I just nod my head in response.

"Ok so how do you feel?" The doctor asks as she walks over to me.

"Well my stomach hurts and I'm tired but that's it." I say.

"Ok, well get some rest and I'll be back in a little while." She says and walks out of the room.

Tom comes back over to me and holds my hand.

"I'm going to call Haz and tell him you're awake." He says.

"Ok"

Tom pulls out his phone and presses a few buttons before putting the phone to his ear.

"Hey, I just called to let you know that Y/n woke up."

"Yea she's ok, the doctor came in and told her that she just needs to rest."

"Ok then, see you soon." He finishes and hangs up.

"Haz is on his way back here and I have no idea where Harry, Mai, and Sami are."

"Ok, w-where is Luke?" I ask.

"They arrested him. Don't worry he's not going to come after you again." He says. "I'm going to tell Sami, Mai, and Harry that your awake."

I don't say anything while he gets his phone back out and texts them.

"Wait, where's my phone?" I ask.

"Oh, the police found it. Luke destroyed it so we will have to get a new one." He says.

"Ok," then I remember something. "Baby, I lost your jacket."

"Oh darling I don't care a about that," he rubs my arm. "I can get a new jacket. I can't get I new you."

My heart melts. Wow how can he be so adorable?

I smile and Tom smiles back at me. He leans forwards towards me and puts a hand on the side of my face. I put one of my arms around his neck while my other hand is tangled in his hair.

He looks down at my lips before looking back up at my eyes. I do the same and he licks his lips.

He slowly leans forward and our lips connect. His lips are chapped and aren't as soft as usually. I don't care though, my lips are probably just as chapped.

Our lips move together in sync and I forget whatever I could have been worrying about moments ago.

"Hey guys! Woah." I hear Haz say.

Tom pulls away from our kiss and turns to Haz. My face is probably just as red and Tom's is right now.

"Well I mean, I know you guys haven't seen each other in like 20 or so hours but... come on." Haz says.

"Whatever you're just jealous!" I say and Haz makes a fake hurt face.

"Wow, your first words to me are a roast? Ok then, guess I know what you think of me now." Haz says and we all laugh.

"You ruined the moment, what was she supposed to say?" Tom asks.

"Hey, not you too. I brought you food."

"Ok fine."

Haz walks over and sits in the chair next to Tom.

"Baby, you hungry?" Tom asks me.

Even though I'm starving I shake my head. "No thanks."

Tom raises his eyebrow at me and holds eye contact. I look away awkwardly and clear my throat. It's nice to know that he can read me well but sometimes I don't like it.

Haz hands Tom the bag of food. It smells amazing and I'm really hungry but I know I shouldn't eat it.

While they are eating Tom gets a text from our group chat.

"What's it say?" Haz asks.

"Mai, Sami, and Harry are on their way over here." Tom says.

"Ok." Me and Haz reply.

"It might take a while for them to get here, the hotel is pretty far away." Tom says.

I nod my head and Haz and Tom continue eating.

When they finish eating the doctor comes back into the room.

"Hello Ms. L/n. We have some news."

"O-ok." I say.

She looks at Haz and Tom before turning back to me. "You ok with them staying in here?"

"Yeah."

"Ok well we found out the reason that your stomach may be hurting. You haven't even been without eating for 24 hours."

"So that means?"

"It means that you were already not getting enough food in your system."

"O-oh?" I ask hesitantly. I already know what she's trying to say.

The doctor looks to Haz and Tom again. Then she turns back to me and takes a deep breath.

"Ms. L/n, were you starving yourself?"

My breath hitches in my throat.

Oh god this can't be happening.

"Um," I look to Tom and he has a confused look on his face.

Haz notices how awkward the room is and stands up. "I'll just... wait outside." He says and leaves.

There are a few more moments of silence and I can barely breathe.

"Ms. L/n?" The doctor says.

Tom reaches over and gently holds my hand.

"Uh... y-yes." I say and the tension in the room doesn't get any thinner.

"Then we're going to need you to stay here a bit longer until we can get your eating back to normal." The doctor says. I nod my head and she leaves.

Tears come into my eyes and I can't stop them.

I stop holding Tom's hand and I cover my face with my hands. I curl myself up into a ball.

"Hey, hey, its ok," Tom says and he wraps his arms around me. He's now sitting on the hospital bed with me.

"I'm s-sorry." I say between muffled sobs.

"Oh princess, don't apologize for anything. I'm here, we can work through this ok? Just breathe." He whispers softly to me while running his hands through my hair.

"Ok." I say. I try to slow my breathing but it doesn't work.

"Just breathe with me baby. In....out." He says.

I match my breaths with his and I calm down.

After what feels like forever I fall asleep.

A/N

(Thanks for reading this far. I just wanted to say I'm so thankful for you guys reading this book and I really like writing it. Remember to comment and vote on chapters if you want!)