When it gets cold

Obi-Wan would ask why Anakin often looked like he was staring at nothing,only to be brushed off by his student, but when the Healers ran tests, they foundout it was epilepsy.

///

Don't expect medical accuracy because I, the writer, do not have epilepsy

///

It started after he left Tatooine.

Obi-Wan noticed his Padawan tended to zone out frequently- only for a few seconds at the time. When asked why his eyes looked like he was staring at nothing, Anakin would frown and claim that nothing happened.

At first, his Master thought he was lying. As a slave, having any type of health problem led to immediate discharge. Obi-Wan thought he was brushing the strange absences off so he wouldn't get in trouble, but then the Healers ran tests.

It was epilepsy.

The absence seizures caused amnesia, so Anakin would say 'what do you mean, Master?' because he really didn't know what had happened to him.

With medication, it could be managed, and Anakin grew up without giving it a second thought. Whenever someone asked why it looked like he was in a different universe, he would just blame his hyperactivity. He knew he had abnormal electrical impulses in his brain, but it was easier to say he had a short attention span than to bore people with his medical condition.

So, when Ahsoka bounded into his life on a transport, Anakin didn't even consider telling his Padawan that he suffered from sudden and spontaneous lapses of consciousness. Which Padawan wanted their Master to be sick anyways?

Looking back, keeping Ahsoka in the dark probably wasn't one of his best decisions.

When he was first diagnosed, the Healers said his epilepsy may get worse over time, and he could possibly suffer from fits. Not that little Ani took any of that in.

He was in the Resolute's gym when everything started to feel light.

Initially, he blamed the dizziness of the late night sparring with Ahsoka after several hard battles which left his sleeping and eating schedule in disarray.

Then, he blinked, and Ahsoka was leaning over him. Her lips were moving in the shape of his name, but the only thing Anakin could hear was his own heartbeat.

Ahsoka's eyes went wide, and darkness slowly tugged on his consciousness, and then Anakin heard his student start screaming for a medic.

He came to in the Halls of Healing with no concept of how long it had been, or who had brought him there.

"Ahsoka, you must calm down." There was Obi-Wan's voice, gentle amongst the beeping of machines. There were wires resting against his shoulders, sticky patches on his temples.

"I thought he was dying," Ahsoka said, and Anakin knew she was pacing the length of the room, "How could neither of you tell me that my Master has epilepsy? Do you not trust me?"

Obi-Wan sighed heavily, and Anakin felt a hand on his arm, "Go to your quarters, Ahsoka."

His Padawan said nothing in return, but he heard the whoosh of a door opening and closing.

"You've been electrocuted one too many times, friend." Obi-Wan said, squeezing his forearm. "Master Che said you're recovering well. The seizure just took a lot out of you and your medics weren't equipped to deal with it; that's why you're here."

Brilliant. The entire 501st now knew their General was weak.

"Anakin," Obi-Wan said in a stern voice, reading his thoughts, "Having epilepsy does not make you weak."