chapter 3

i make myself and marek a cheese and ham breakfast sandwich before taking a shower, brushing my teeth, and getting dressed into a lacey black bra top and light beige trousers since the weather in san diego today was predicted to be quite breezy. i was ultimately just trying to look my best since i'm getting coffee with rae later and today would be my last day seeing vinnie, if everything goes to plan.

i expressed my nerves regarding the events for today to marek. he calmed me down by explaining that he was going to be right there with me and there was nothing to worry about.

i straightened my hair so it would reach mid-shoulder length. i did my makeup naturally, and by this time it was best marek and i make our way over to the park.

"on my way." i texted vinnie.

*read*

we arrived and i sat on a park bench and silently waited for him while marek was searching for a place to hide but have the ability to witness our interaction simultaneously.

there he was. the man that i had spent over the last 3 years of my life with. the man who said he initially didn't want anything to do with me.

"so this should be easy," i thought to my self. if he never wanted anything to do with me, it should be an easy breakup. i don't feel too much remorse, in fact, i'll most likely be happier not being in a relationship with him.

"hello," i said to him as i stood up. his eyes softened,

"baby, im sorry for yesterday, i shouldn't have snapped like that," he consoled. i almost felt sorry for what i was about to do before i realized this wasn't the first time he did this, and if i let this continue, it most certainly wouldn't be the last.

"vincent, i wanted you to be here because," i trailed off as i moved my gaze from the ground to his eyes,

"vin, i need to break up with you. i can't do this anymore, you're always lashing out and the one thing that holds a relationship together is trust and i have none towards you."

he stares a me briefly before clenching his jaw, and walking out of the park, leaving me standing there, awkwardly. marek walks up to me and goes,

"how'd it go?"

"i have no fucking clue," i looked up at him.

"what do you mean?" he grimaced,

"well, i told him that i can't trust him anymore and he didn't say anything... he just up and left me."

"well, that's good, isn't it? hopefully, this means you guys are done."

"yeah, hopefully,"

we walk to the car as i think to myself about how incomplete that conversation felt, however, i was nonetheless happy he was, hopefully, no longer a priority of mine.

i call rae and tell her that i can meet her earlier than expected, and i can already sense her confusion.

"alrighty.." rae spoke, extending the 'y'.

"let's meet in 10 minutes at the coffee place on monument."

"sounds great, see you then,"

"bye," she said before i ended the call.

marek drove me to the coffee shop downtown and vertically parked as we awaited rae. him and both checked our phones almost on cue as soon as the car was parked. i then noticed i received a notification.

@corpse_husband has followed you

i smile as i immediately follow him back. he was very nice yesterday, especially when he let me live even though he was an imposter and had the perfect opportunity to kill me. how sweet.

andybradley

"good morning, corpse. how are you?"

corpse_husband

"tired. u?"

andybradley

"tired as well, actually. got any plans today?"

corpse_husband

"nope, i just woke up and i think i might do some horror story stuff."

andybradley

"right! i remember marek telling me you do all that stuff. i love it :)"

corpse_husband

"oh sweet. i don't know too many people who enjoy horror stuff"

andybradley

"yeah, lol."

"well, i'm leaving to get coffee with rae now but it's been nice chatting! talk soon!"

corpse_husband

"have fun! talk soon!"

i smile and get out of the car as marek spotted rae in the review mirror. i step out of the car and wave profusely at rae as she walks towards marek's 4x4 pickup. he's wanted one since he was a small child for some reason, and now his fans have made it happen. that's one of the things that have always attracted me to my brother's profession. he gets to achieve all the goals he had set for himself and has had so many opportunities in front of him. in that sense, i feel almost unlucky being in the position i'm in. i have briefly considered becoming a full-time streamer and model, however, i know what i'm doing is good for me,

i think.

rae waved back at me just as profusely before i engulfed her in a hug. marek walks over from his side to my side of the car to greet rae.

"hey stranger," i grin,

"hey pretty lady," rae jokingly flirts.

"alright, imma head out," marek pronounced as he awkwardly backed away from the conversation. about to hop in the car, rae hollered,

"boy, where in fuck are you going. get yo' ass back here, we need someone to pay!" i giggled at marek's reaction to her remarks.

"fine but no being weird," marek sneered.

"cant promise anything," rae beams.

we walk inside the coffee shop. rachel and marek order a black coffee each in order to satisfy their caffeine addictions. as much as rae denies it, she has an addiction. i order a hot chocolate, and go look for seats as they both still await their coffee.

i look over at them and notice how almost flirtatious they were being. i grin to myself. even though she was my best friend, and he's my brother, i found them quite cute together.

once they receive their coffees, they both walk over to me, and sit down at the table.

"alright, tell us everything."