chapter 13

as an early christmas present, marek came home, earlier than expected. it was now december 23rd and marek was here, alongside all of the other residents of the house. rae and marek sitting together. corpse and lauren were sitting together, however, that was meaningless; corpse and i were catching each other's stares at one another all evening, and sharing small smiles.

as we were watching pointless political news, i laugh and recall back when i wanted to be a news reporter. i made so much money with playboy, i never have to go back to school again. thank fuck.

"hey, marek, quick question?"

"now that you can walk properly now, and you're back home, why don't you move in here? you're over here all of the time anyways."

"that is true but, i like my alone time, if i'm being perfectly honest... except for rae, she can be around me anytime she wants to be." he smiles at her, earning him a kiss on the cheek from her.

"fair enough, doors always open though. i love living here." michael stated.

"me too," most of the house members added.

"you know, now that i think about it," i laugh a few minutes later, "if we invited schlatt to that party back in october, he probably would've shot vinnie..." i snicker. they all laugh in agreeance. sykkuno then sparked up a topic,

"what are you all doing for christmas?" michael starts,

"lily and i are going to each other's parents house for lunch and dinner, but we'll be here in the morning."

"cool, cool. how about everyone else?" sykkuno continues,

"i'll be here for a bit, but i'm going to stop in to dream's, alex's, what have you to drop off their christmas presents. but i'm coming back and then-" i pause, "wait, are we doing dinner this year?"

"we don't have to, i suppose." toast adds, "who would make it anyways?"

"not me."

"not me."

"not me."

"not me."

everyone clarifies, and we all let out a chuckle as we come to an agreement that none of us are making dinner,

"maybe we can just order sushi?"

"sounds good to me, sykkuno," ludwig says.

jack, evelyn, marzia, and felix also reveal they're leaving for europe to go back to their hometown for christmas,

"so, we won't be back until after new years, sorry fam." jack admits.

we all sink down in our sadness for a brief moment before carrying on with the conversation.

"is anyone else not going to be here for christmas and or new years?" lauren, questions.

"i think the rest of the crew is going to be here," ludwig states as he moves around, still unsure. we all just nod our heads to confirm that we will in fact be here.

"so, should we like do something festive?" rae questions,

"i mean i guess," lily answers, "like what?"

"i don't know," rae ponders. i just shrug my shoulders and turn the television back on to the pointless news, which is just on in order to stay updated.

hours pass and we all go to bed. i notice the underneath of the tree is slightly fuller than this morning which brings warmth to my heart. im happy to see everyone together and being inclusive.

for some reason, that night, i had an amazing sleep. i fell into a slumber at eleven in the evening and arose at eleven in the morning; it was amazing. i was never awoken by a selfish, cereal eating ludwig, which is evidently, a hard thing to avoid in this household. this was a great early christmas present.